Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Just saying hello to everyone. I am a former owner of a 1983 1100 Aspencade which I rode, and a 1982 650 SilverWing Interstate that my wife rode. For reasons that I will not go into, we sold the bikes back in 2001 with the intention of getting a two wheeler again in the future. That time has finally come and I am working on closing a deal on a 1992 1500 with low miles. A friend currently owns it and is planning to sell it this spring if he completes a deal he is working on for an Indian that he has first dibs on. In turn, I have first shot at his Wing. March or April seem to be a long way off right now, but I don't foresee anything breaking loose before then.

Way back in the day, I was a member of a mailing list called Wings On The Internet, but they seem to be defunct now, so I had to find a new place to hang my helmet, so to speak, so here I am.

I drive a truck for a living and have a small machine shop for fun projects, but I am looking forward to making some two-wheeled miles just for relaxation. If the deal that I am working on falls through, I will just have to find something else, simple as that!

Super Moderator
Welcome to the GWOF from AZ

Reactions: TerryWerm

Super Moderator
Hello and welcome the forum, glad to have U with us.
:)

Super Moderator
Hello Terry, welcome to the forum.

Registered
82 GL1100 Wineberry Red Std w/ Full Vetter Gear
Howdy Neighbor,
Welcome to the forum! I found my first GW last summer up in the Leech Lake area, after a twenty year hiatus and I couldn't be prouder or more pleased. I too am new to the forum and I have already received invaluable assistance from the old hands here. Quite appreciative to know that I don't have to figure out this complex machine on my own. I am living in downtown Minneapolis (yeah, I know...) And I wish you good luck on your acquisition. Hopefully, we might meet up one day and take a ride together.

Super Moderator
Welcome to the GWOF from the Keystone state..

Super Moderator
Welcome to you from Mississippi. I guess with winter up your way, even March could be a little early for riding. I went to college in the UP of Michigan and we didn't get our bikes out until April. Good luck on your deal. Sure hope it's the fastest color.
2019 05 01 11 Civil War Tour Bald River Falls, TN.JPG

Registered
Welcome from the northern tier of PA. Enjoy the forum and ride safe.

Registered
Welcome to the forum and good luck on your purchase.

Premium Member
Welcome aboard.

Registered
Welcome from Chocolate town Pa and wishing you miles of smiles.馃榿

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
First, many thanks to all of you for the warm welcome!

Welcome to you from Mississippi. I guess with winter up your way, even March could be a little early for riding. I went to college in the UP of Michigan and we didn't get our bikes out until April. Good luck on your deal. Sure hope it's the fastest color.
Red is the fastest color, right? It better be, because it is my favorite, and the Wing I am looking at is red, too. March too early? Nooooo, not for some of us! When I still had my '83 there was one winter where I vowed to ride at least one day each month of that year. November and December were easy, and January was a bit tough, ended up going for a ride on a 28掳 day but the roads were good and dry. Only put on 40 miles, but it was a ride. That happened to be January 31st, and the following day, February 1st was just as nice, so my wife and I repeated the ride from the day before. After getting January and February out of the way, March and April were a piece of cake! Oh, and snowmobilers look at you real funny when you are riding a Wing on an average winter day in Minnesota!

Howdy Neighbor,
Welcome to the forum! I found my first GW last summer up in the Leech Lake area, after a twenty year hiatus and I couldn't be prouder or more pleased. I too am new to the forum and I have already received invaluable assistance from the old hands here. Quite appreciative to know that I don't have to figure out this complex machine on my own. I am living in downtown Minneapolis (yeah, I know...) And I wish you good luck on your acquisition. Hopefully, we might meet up one day and take a ride together.
I would love to get to know some other GW riders from this area, so you can count on hearing from me in a couple months or so, maybe sooner! I saw a guy on a Road King down in Spirit Lake, Iowa today!

Registered
Welcome to the forum from a fellow northern rider. I am just a 'bit' farther north and west from you, Grand Forks, ND. I also have a 1500. 99 Red SE! Awesome bikes. Smooth, quiet and good riding!

Registered
Welcome from Alberta, Canada!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts