Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moved here from Pittsburgh. Much nicer weather. I like all bikes. I currently own a Harley & will keep it. So, I am looking at a used Goldwing to fit my budget. #1 is a 02, very clean. It has 64,000 miles. ABS, some chrome accents. No pitting on th wheels, some different type of tail lights. It looks very good. #2 is a 03 with 34,000 miles. not sure if it has ABS, will check tomorrow. Paint is ok, wheels are pitted. They will good bit of clean up. With mt trade. it will be the same amount of $$ for either bike. Any sugestions or ideas would be welcome. Don't be afraid to speak up. Good - bad, makes no difference. all opinions are welcome. anything in either year I should look for. Thanks in advance. Dave

·
Super Moderator
7,673 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Don't be afraid of a Wing that has 64,000 miles on it, a well maintained Wing can last for 300,000 miles or more. Test ride them both and see which one you like best.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trike lady, Thank you. I will ride both. What year did they have a problem with the frames.

·
Super Moderator
7,673 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,818 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. I would go with whichever bike you like the most.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome to the forum from your former state. Whichever ride floats your boat go for it. Ride safe and enjoy the forum...

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello bikeguy, welcome to GWOF

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
welcome along bikeguy. So much green in response to your post I thought I better toss some red in:D

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Welcome from Pa. go with your first instinct.

·
Super Moderator
28,455 Posts
This one slipped by me the 1st time so here's a belated Greetings to the GWOF. I think that's all the green now.

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Well you got all the greens and the red and some of the blacks. And now the black from Down Under. Welcome to GWOF from Down Under.Eric

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the welcome to the form. I got my wing, a 2002 GL 1800 with 34,000 miles. It has a CD player, CB, fog lights & a trailer hitch. Also has some Baker Wings & highwau pegs. It is a very clean bike. No ABS, which I would liked to have. The other bikes I looked at were a 02 with ABS, 66,000 miles, no extras. The other on was a 03, no extras. The front wheel had a lot of corrosion onit. It had 34,000 miles on it. I had a trade, so I went through a dealer. again, Thanks to all, Dave

·
Premium Member
23,776 Posts
Thanks for the welcome to the form. I got my wing, a 2002 GL 1800 with 34,000 miles. It has a CD player, CB, fog lights & a trailer hitch. Also has some Baker Wings & highwau pegs. It is a very clean bike. No ABS, which I would liked to have. The other bikes I looked at were a 02 with ABS, 66,000 miles, no extras. The other on was a 03, no extras. The front wheel had a lot of corrosion onit. It had 34,000 miles on it. I had a trade, so I went through a dealer. again, Thanks to all, Dave
Now that you finally settled on one, Welcome.When I went shopping ABS was not even a consideration and I don't feel more vulnerable or incomplete without it. You will discover that ABS restricts a few do-dadds that you may want to add to the front area.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts