Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
g,Day all what,s the price of a new 1800 wing where you live and how are the second hand wing,s worth as down under a new 1800 is about $40,000 give or take a few buck,s im interested wh second hand bike s are so cheap in the US plus part,s are so much cheaper over there why is this please let me know i ride a 1500 aspencade go,s like the clapper,s safe riding every one .......ride it like you stole it??????????:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
28,446 Posts
g.w.m. The best explanation I have is the old rules of economics (Supply & Demand). You can't swing a dead cat around the U.S. without hitting a bunch of used Goldwings. They were also until this year, since the 80's made in the U.S.

Oh & the final thing I guess is some Americans are just Cheapskates & won't spend the money you guys do down under. Heck most will begrudge themselves good add ons for comfort just to boast how frugal they are. Go Figure, anyhow this is just one Ole Fossil's Opinion & Ride Safe.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
New Wings run from about $23k to $29K depending on the model. Differences in currency values make up a big part of the difference. Wings in Canada are more then the US also.

·
Registered
66 Posts
New 2010 base model Goldwings less than $19,000

Everyday. Check them out on Autotrader.com. Must be import taxes into Australia because it sure doesn't cost $20K to ship one down there. I expected prices to go way up for the US when they moved to Japan but they didn't.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
There is a huge tarriff on the Wings in Australia as far as I know, far worse than the bend-over we get here in Canada (it has eased a bit over the last couple years). The base models and the second level wings have less features than our AL model (low end $$) does so that accounts for some of it. but the AD (top) model still doesn't have XM included on the 2010s. If you want the airbag, it's only in blue:confused:, and if you want the red, no airbag:(. We don't get the white one at all :mad:. Granted, the US market is 10 times what we are in volume to that speaks volumes (pun intended). Check this out: there were way less than 100 2012 Wings allocated for Canada this year!. Still don't get the Au $ pricing though... it's a way shorter boat ride from Japan to Au than here

·
Registered
219 Posts
If you want the airbag, it's only in blue
And what a wonderful blue it is :)

This has always been the case in Oz, we have to bend over further than anyone else due to the politics that go on. But at the moment we are enjoying buying stuff in the US of A because our $1.00 now is worth $1.10 of theirs, thats an extra 10% better off. But alas it means jack sh%t if we buy things in OZ. So i do all my buying from the internet and buy in the US if i need parts. So having said that it would pay for you to fly to the US buy a 2010 model at a good price and send it back home and while you are there have a bit of a holiday and i guarantee you that you will still be ahead and have saved some money.

·
Registered
18 Posts
In Ontario Canada there is a Summer Sale Event that offers a $6000 discount on the Goldwing for 2009 and 2010. The 2010 non airbag model is $23,999 CAD and the airbag model is $25,499CAD or $1500 more for the top of the line. There are a few dealers selling for less. Those prices are within range of the US prices especially this week. The Canadian dollar is worth $1.07 US today due to their economy.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Labour Cost,s where you live????

Hi all member,s what are your labour cost,s where you live as here in OZ land some bike shop,s are charging $97 an hour let me know how much you agent,s charge ??????????:eek:

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Our shop rate is $94 Cdn/hour, and we're a rural location. Most of the shops in the Edmonton area are running about $125/hr. US figures are substantially lower as far as I know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts