Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am buying a Goldwing for the first time. There are 2 that I am considering. An 08 Standard model with 42000 miles and an 08 with 1200 miles with Navigation. The latter model is $2000 more. Is it worth the extra $2000 for lower mileage and navigation? I have heard from many that Goldwings last pretty much forever with proper care and that 42000 miles is nothing. I need help deciding.

·
Registered
178 Posts
welcome to the boards. Im sure youll get a good answer. all I can say is what I have read on here. most folks that have the nav, dont care much for it. write ups Ive read on line, dont favor the oem version as well. most folks like their aftermarket. shoot I use an app on my cell phone mtd where a tom tom used to be and thats all I need. but thats just me.

mileage, well the first thing to ask them, has either been serviced, and do they have any records. my guess is the one with 1200 miles prolly not, to do what? the 43K mile should have some things like oil changes. but no big things. 43K miles from all I hear is nothing. I bought my 1500 with 63K, and havent had to do hardly a thing. it just means your going to get to the replacement parts early than the one with 1200 miles. how much you ride will determine how fast that comes. so, 2000,,,,, hard to say.

see told I wasnt going to be much help:D

·
Premium Member
5,432 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Maryland

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Premium Member
6,721 Posts
Welcome from VA. As for your choices, I have an '08 with the navigation.....which also includes heated seats & grips & the foot warmer option. The navigation works ok. it does it's job but it's a bit archaeic. The standard model I believe does NOT have the other options that I mentioned above. (I could be wrong) If you don't ride in cold weather I would get the standard model & invest in a Garmin Zumo. & ride the snot outta the bike.

JMHO

Mark

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
hello goldwingfd, welcome to GWOF. some decissions you have to make yourself

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone. I'm looking forward to my first Goldwing. I went to the dealer today and am getting the 08 with 1200 miles. I am trading an 01 Harley Roadking. I'm going to love it!!! Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
Thanks everyone. I'm looking forward to my first Goldwing. I went to the dealer today and am getting the 08 with 1200 miles. I am trading an 01 Harley Roadking. I'm going to love it!!! Thanks again.
Good decision on every part....Congrats

·
Super Moderator
10,004 Posts
Congrats on your new Wing and welcome to the forum from the Keystone State.. Update your location so we know where your call home. Ride safe and enjoy your new Wing...

·
Premium Member
6,721 Posts
Welcome & congrats on your new Wing! Enjoy!

Mark

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Picked up

I picked up the Wing on Thursday and rode home in a downpour. I loved every minute of it. It's rained every day since but better weather is coming in the sunshine state. Thanks everyone.

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
All depends on your wants and needs. I have always had GPS on most of my bikes after 2000 . I love to set home then go find new roads ,then when I am good and lost just hit HOME and away we go !

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Sorry to be tardy with this, but welcome and congrats on the Wing. The navi has some quirks (the search putting you into the list prematurely is a real PITA to me) but it's still a useful tool for most situations. Enjoy.

·
Super Moderator
10,004 Posts
:)
I picked up the Wing on Thursday and rode home in a downpour. I loved every minute of it. It's rained every day since but better weather is coming in the sunshine state. Thanks everyone.
Don't forget to post some pics...:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.