Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum. In fact I'm not a goldwing owner - yet. My current ride is a 2006 Yamaha Royal Star Venture. Decided last week that a new goldwing is in my future. So I'm hoping to visit my local Honda dealer this Saturday. I could use some help. What is a fair price? I bought my Venture at about $2700 under MSRP. Do Honda dealers discount goldwings the same way. Please share your buying experinece. I could use some help on what to expect.

I hope soon to join the rest of you as an "owner".
tk

·
Registered
2 Posts
My experience

I just ordered a 2008 Premium Audio model and got it for 16,500 plus tax and tags. That's quite a bit off of list. It seems there's at least a half dozen dealers on E-bay that sell new 08s like this for around the same price. I was able to show this to the local dealer and they matched it. Not sure if this is the "best" deal, but looking at used on E-bay, it just didn't seem like it made sense to not go ahead and buy a new one. That was before I found this forum though and there might be something here that's better than E-bay. I'm new here too, so maybe some of the regulars will chime in.

·
Registered
21 Posts
08 premium audio

i took delivery of my 2008 premium audio saturday 8/23. "out the door" price was $17,700. i think it was $15,600 as advertized at cycletrader.com from a annapolis, md. dealer. it was new and when i was dickering with them i called two other dealers to ask their the "out the door" price. one said 19,???, the other 18,100 (baltimore, md. area - pete's cycle). ended up buying it from C & L power sports in crofton, Md. - WHAT A MACHINE!

·
Registered
2 Posts
i took delivery of my 2008 premium audio saturday 8/23. "out the door" price was $17,700. i think it was $15,600 as advertized at cycletrader.com from a annapolis, md. dealer. it was new and when i was dickering with them i called two other dealers to ask their the "out the door" price. one said 19,???, the other 18,100 (baltimore, md. area - pete's cycle). ended up buying it from C & L power sports in crofton, Md. - WHAT A MACHINE!
Wow thats a great price. Are you a resident of MD?
Shoot me the contact information.

Thanks

Will

·
Registered
4 Posts
2008 Premium Audio titanium silver

I pick up my new premium audio this Saturday in St. Augustine FL. I paid $16,849 total out the door plus Florida State sales tax (6%).

·
Registered
21 Posts
so...it was 17,860 OTD - did that include any "stuff" - cover, helmet, icom, etc?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Goldwing pricing

I just took delivery of a 2010 (option 2) wing with Nav system. The MSRP was 25,999 and with a couple extra feature ran up into the 26,000's but I got it for 21,999 so I would think you could expect to get a 2010 for around 4,000 or so off the list price.

·
Super Moderator
9,853 Posts
I bought my 09 base in April for $4,200 off of MSRP. Paid $17,890 which was the best price I could find on the internet at the time. Could not get a local dealer to match the price so I went 150 miles down to Chaddsford, Pa to Planet Honda and they matched the price. Also got dealer to drop freight and set up fee of $700 and got 20% off of the options I put on bike.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
You guys make me want to throw-up. I live in Canada but winter in Florida and went down last year to buy my 08 wing. The best I could do was around 22k but the dollar took off and I would have to add 30% for ecxhange, 7% Florida tax and then 13% Nova Scotia tax so it was not worth it for me plus I would lose the warranty taken it to Canada. I ended up buying mine in NB, Canada for 25k but with just a few too many add-ons came to 31k. Lot of money but we love it. We are getting ready to head to Florida in 2 months and now they are talking about our dollar being at par with you guys again. Life is just not fair.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Goldwing pricing

You should not have had to pay Florida sales taxes if you were going to title the wing in Canada. I bought mine in Alabama and did not pay any Alabama sales taxes but will pay Florida sales taxes when I register it next week. I almost did not get the Nav system because of all the negative comments but really wanted the XM radio and could not get XM without the NAV. I really love the Nav system Honda must have improved it since all the earlier ones because it is fantasitc.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Too bad Redfox, but you do have free medical care! OOPS, sore subject also I'll bet. Seriously Red, glad you did get a new wing after all, and hope you enjoy many miles in your future. Good luck my friend and always ride safe.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Having free medical is certainly not a sore point at home. Everyone gets care no matter who you are or what your illness is. No such thing as cutting one off when they get sick. Of interest to many people outside Canada is that they are proposing changes to some of our senior benifits so that you only have to live in Canada 3 years and you would be eligible for our generous old age pension awards. You would also be eligible for our free medical after only 6 months even though you have never paid any taxes to support our system. We may see a lot of you moving North as you age and lose your medical coverage as we move South to stay warm.

Anyway, I still did not like the idea of paying so much more than you guys when we supposing have FREE TRADE. My bike was an 08 and when the bikes were brought into Canada the dollar was at par but Honda was still charging us the say price as before the dollar shot up.

Ride safely and enjoy your much cheaper gas, cars, bikes, clothing etc. but not cheaper medical.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Desoto Honda In Olive Branch, Ms. Has A Wide Selection Of Goldwings And The Best Prices In The Midsouth. Call And Ask For Richard. Ex. 08 Abs $19999.00

1 - 15 of 15 Posts