Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello fellas

I just recently brought a 82 goldwing 1100, I have a few questions for the board. First, I can not figure out how to stand it on straight stand ( not the side stand). is there any downloadable pdf service manuals floating around on the net for this model?

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa and congrats on your new Wing. If your 1100 is anything like my 1500 or 1800 just stand on the side stand lever that sticks out, give the seat grip and handlebars a pull backwards and the bike should just walk up.

If that fails, find too BIG friends to lift it up for you..LOL.

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
Two Wheel is correct. All it takes is practice & you will be doing it second nature.

If you need a little help to start off with get yourself a small piece of 1/2 or 5/8th plywood, put the rear tire (Only) on the plywood & that will allow the center stand to get down a little further making the lift not quite as much.

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Welcome to the forum from another Aussie. Eric

·
Registered
71 Posts
Welcome to the board. I agree with all on getting the bike up on the center stand. It almost seems a matter of rhythm and technique rather than power. For the first few times I asked the wife to stand on the other side just for the comfort factor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow guys the video helped alot i got it up. I am from Florida. I just upgraded from a honda shadow 600. So far this seem to be a great bike. Anyone have any tips or suggestion for this bike. I am getting use to how powerful the engine is compared to my shadow.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Welcome from Ontario Canada duvalbault. I suggest spraying all the pivot points on the center stand with WD40 or any spray lube. You'll find it easier to get 'er up. I did on my '82 and it made a huge difference.
Hope this helps,
Strat

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello duvalbault, welcome to GWOF

·
Super Moderator
11,817 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Welcome from the other side of Canada. You have good advice there so far.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts