Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Great forum and excellent info for a newbie like myself. Just bought a used 04 Goldwing and I've bee trying to read everything I can. On the first day I ruined my windshield by cleaning it with an abrasive substance that I was told was harmless--lesson learned. Now looking for a replacement and don't know much about what others like--have heard of a couple of options. Looking forward to sharing and learning.

Cliff

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Keystone state. Congrats on your new Wing. Lots of windshields available from OEM to X-Tall. Ride safe and enjoy the site.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Cliff - Welcome to the forum. By your post you should fit in well with the rest of klux. You will fine that someone has done something stupid at one time or another and post here so other people will say, "done that. Got the shirt." Good luck finding a new windshield and a new cleaner like pledge or plexus.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Welcome aboard Cliff, greetings from N.W. Il. where is home base for you?

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Hello and welcome from Georgia.
There are some Cleaners out there that might take some of the scratches out, Walmart has a Repair kit in the automotive section can not remember the name But I used it before and it worked good.A hedge clippers fell off the self and hit my windsheild and put a nasty white scuff from top to bottom, I put some of the liquid on the rag that they supplied rubed it in and let it dry then I shined it up worked great,That or I was just lucky

·
Super Moderator
7,670 Posts
Greetings from Florida and enjoy your Wing. They do have a scratch remover that comes on three different strengths to remove scratches it is called 'Novus Plastic Restoration'. The #3 for the worst conditions, #2 for light scratches and #1 to polish the material. I am sure there are other products out there that are similar.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Welcome Cliff. Some pretty good advice posted already. Often more than one attempt is what it takes to "git 'er done". Patience and determination usually wins.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts