Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am purchasing my first Wing this weekend. Leaving the VTX 1800 behind. It is a 2010 with ABS. How do I know if the bike has XM Radio and Navi? I haven't seen it yet.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
As I understand it, there are only 4 packages available on the Gold Wing and each step up is inclusive of the previous level plus additional items. A Wing with ABS is the third level so it should have all of the options from the previous two levels plus the ABS. Navi/XM is on level two. The only item left on level four is the airbag. l don't believe you could buy one with ABS without the Navi/XM package. You can see the steps up in packages here.

Hoss

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF dagovernor and congrats on the purchase of your new wing. where is home for you

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
On your radio one of the buttons will say XM, I think you get a free trial when you buy the bike, 30 or 60 days I think, you will probably find out the NAVI isn't all that great if you plan on doing a lot of traveling. It's a basic unit and a lot of them have out dated maps, ask your dealer what maps it comes with and can it be upgraded. I think Honda wants over $100.00 to upgrade the maps. Most people use an after market GPS, Garmin is about the most popular. If you want ABS, you have to get the NAVI to get that. It's a great bike and you will be very happy with it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone!!! Alas, the plot thickens! Now I found out that it is a 2010 Audio Comfort only. They want 26K for the model with everything on it and the dealer is 200 miles away. I have found a new '08 with every thing execpt the XM Radio. Is it worth it to go after the '10? Decisions, Decisions...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thanks everyone!!! Alas, the plot thickens! Now I found out that it is a 2010 Audio Comfort only. They want 26K for the model with everything on it and the dealer is 200 miles away. I have found a new '08 with every thing execpt the XM Radio. Is it worth it to go after the '10? Decisions, Decisions...
I'm not qualified to say whether the 10 is worth going for over the 08. I'll leave that to others here with much more experience. I'll only say a bit about the price.

I don't believe you've said what the dealer is asking for the base model 2010 that you were talking about originally. I see that you mention $26,000 for the 2010 "with everything on it" which I'll assume means the Airbag model and not just the Navi/XM model. Without much effort on Cycle Trader.com, I found a dealer in Bartlesville, OK (a couple hundred miles from me) selling the Airbag Model for $23,299.00. I'd say look around some more.

Hoss

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania. Hoss is right about searching around for a better price. You may have to travel to get it, but think of it as a nice loooong ride home on a great machine. As far as the difference between 08 and 10 models. Not a whole lot.. 09-10 models have TPM system added and heated seats and grips were made standard. If you don't want those kind of extras, you can still find some deals on 08 for thousands less than a 10 model. They are all the same basic bike, just the trim levels differ. Good luck and I hope you find your dream ride.... When you do,, ride safe...

·
Registered
449 Posts
Lots of o8 models sell in the low 18,000 bracket. That would leave roughly 7,500 to go towards SAFETY CHROME & SAFETY LED's.:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts