Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Found my way to your nice forums. Thought I'd post a message to introduce myself on here.

I recently bought a new 2008 Honda (metallic red) Goldwing at the local Honda dealership last week. It's the one with the audio/comfort/navigation system. I've already added a utopia backrest, and purchased the rear spoiler with light bar. The light bar is being swapped out with the Add On Accessories light bar that includes the turn signal indicators as well. Hope to get a set of Kuryakyn highway pegs and maybe sometime down the road add fog lights, and a few other accessories, etc.

Been owning and riding motorcycles (like many of you on here) for quite sometime. I guess now around 29 years. I did have an older 1982 Goldwing Gl1100i Interstate but recently sold that to a buddy of mine when I purchased this new cycle. I used my '06 Yamaha Royal Star Midnight Venture as a trade-in on this nice cycle. I must say, the new Goldwings are the nicest motorcycles I have ever ridden - and I can kick myself for not getting one sooner than now. Truly a very comfortable ride, plus lots of features.

Anyways, I am Hoosier, originally from northwest Indiana (up on Lake Michigan) and went into the military for a long number of years out of high school. Out now, and moved down to the Bluegrass region of Kentucky. I usually ride in a few poker runs annually, but was hoping to connect with other Goldwing owners in my neck of the woods for possibly some group rides, etc.

Well, that about does it for a newbie intro on here, hope to become an active online member in the future.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Welcome to the board, very nice looking Wing you have there, ride safe & ride often....enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
9,845 Posts
Glad you found us. Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Wing. Sounds like a nice bike. Like most of us on here the "farkling" of our bikes is an ongoing thing. Ride safe and enjoy..

·
Super Moderator
28,436 Posts
Welcome rylord.

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF rylord

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Hello and welcome I know you will enjoy that new wing

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome Rylord. Great opening post, hope to hear more!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello, Rylord, from a Kentuckian

I'm Konrad Poth in scenic and historic La Grange, KY - with a very active RR track right down the middle of Main St! If you get up this way, please let me know - I'd like to meet you.
[email protected]
:)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Welcome too from the state of WI.And I will keep watch on Lake Michigan for you since I'm right on the westside shore line. Just waiting my self for a little warmer temps to ride.Congratulations on the new ride.
WA9FWT Phil

·
Registered
143 Posts
Welcome from Washington State, good riding. :)

·
Premium Member
23,767 Posts
Next time you see me I should have a new pair of Windwings installed
" May the road rise up to meet you ( not literally).
May the wind be always at your back......" Should have mine on by next week. Sweet bike, Phil. Wish I had been a Goldwing rider in the 90's.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts