Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my first Gold Wing today. Love the power, need to improve the ergonomics for a more comfortable riding position to accomodate my various disabilities...I can't walk very well, but I can ride!! :)

Just completed a 5700 mile ride on a 2009 Kawasaki Voyager (Sturgis, SD and beyond), a super comfortable bike but the call of the Gold Wing was to hard to resist.

I will look forward to learning from the more knowlegeable Gold Wing riders, I know I'll have questions that old timers will know the answers to.

Happy Holidays to All,
T-Rex

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Welcome aboard T-Rex and congrats on your wing, many happy miles lay ahead.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
T-Rex welcome from Miami. I just got my Wing a month ago and I love it. Tell us about your bike. What did you buy?

·
Super Moderator
28,446 Posts
Welcome to the site. I'm sure you will enjoy many rides on the new Wing. Poke around here & ask questions. It is a great place to be.

Ride Safe.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Welcome from NC, T-Rex!!!

You made a wise decision both in the choice of rides and forums. :D

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
Hello from Virginia. What we may lack in knowledge, we make up for in opinions. Let's get you more comfortable on your Wing.

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Welcome to the Forum T-Rex., Fine bunch of good folks hang out here. A couple of them the bubble isn't quite plumb but they are harmless. I think ??:rolleyes:
Tell us about your ride.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the Welcome

Appreciate the posts. I picked up a new 2010 Yellow Gold Wing today. I traded in two bikes I had grown tired of (good bikes both of them), I've always wanted a Wing.

The deal came with a $1000.00 worth of accessories. I'm a no frills guy, so I just got what I though was necessary, no froo-froo :) What I really need are road peg clamps. I have an almost new set of Kuryakyn Dually ISO peg that I removed from by Kawasaki (I think One and a quarter inch bar) and the Wing has smaller bars. I just need the smaller clamps, don't know if I'll find them yet.

Also, I think I'll need to get a backrest. However, with backrest and road pegs I can ride forever... Just can't walk too well when I get to where I'm going. :) I rode to Sturgis, SD in August this year, last year rode to El Paso, Tx for my nephew's graduation from Sergeants Majors Academy at Ft. Bliss, Tx.

I will appreciate any information concening the best places to get aftermarket items such as: Back Rest, Peg Clamps and anything else that will make the Wing more comfortable.

Thanks again for the welcome.
T-Rex in Sunny Vero Beach, Fl

·
Super Moderator
28,446 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,667 Posts
Welcome & greetings from Ormond Beach.
Congrats on the new Wing, ride safe and enjoy.

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
hello t-rex, welcome to GWOF

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Well, everyone's beaten me to the accessory bits, but welcome to the forum. Good info, good folks and some totally inane and meaningless banter thrown in for some giggles along the way. Enjoy the site and especially the Wing!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Our meaningless banter grows proportionately with the amount of snow on the ground..
Welcome from Ontario Canada!
Strat

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Wingstuff support group

T-Rex... I was not going to be the one to point you to Wingstuff, i.e. hey come here kid ... try a little of this.

Since that's already been done I'll take it a step further and tell you to email or PM me when you are ready to enter rehab. As part of my program I am not allowed to associate with Wingstuff types nor am I supposed to get involved with recommending any items, backrests (Utopia), pegs (Iso), driving lights (Honda OEM) or any other such addictions.... I meant additions.

Donald

·
Super Moderator
28,446 Posts
Since that's already been done I'll take it a step further and tell you to email or PM me when you are ready to enter rehab. As part of my program I am not allowed to associate with Wingstuff types nor am I supposed to get involved with recommending any items, backrests (Utopia), pegs (Iso), driving lights (Honda OEM) or any other such addictions.... I meant additions.
Hi. I'm Fossil92 and I am a WingStuffaholic. I was clean since June of 2010. Until yesterday when I slipped. Ohhhhh I'm so ashamed.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wing Upgrading

Ordered 1" clamps from RIVCO that will accomodate my Kuryakyn ISO Dually Pegs, clamps and shipping was $41.00; better than paying almost $200 for new pegs. Also, contacted Utopia.com for a backrest. (I had installed one on my Kawasaki Voyager was very impressed with the quality) I ordered the backrest at $198.00 including shippping. This backrest is super! Just received a personal email from Utopia thanking me for my business. They did the same thing when I purchased my first backrest...Customer Service at its finest.

Also found time to stop at a Locksmith and had two extra Wing keys made.

If the part comes in, I having a unit installed that will make my brake lights flash when stopping and provide running lights while riding. I originally ordered the unit for my Voyager, but it should work for the Wing.

I should have my pegs installed by the 11th and the backrest by the 21st, just in time for a week-long trip to northern Florida to spend Christmas with friends.

I cannot believe how quiet the Wing is compared to my last Kawasaki V-Twin. Of course the extra thirty to fourty Horse Power sure is nice. To me, the Wings appears to be as quick as my former Triumph Rocket III Classic. (140 HP).

Thats it for now, if I ever learn how to post a picture online, I'll do it!!
Later,
T-Rex

1 - 17 of 17 Posts