Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I’m a new owner of a 2010 Gold Wing along with my 2006 Yamaha Stratoliner. The Gold Wing is “our” bike, purchased so that my wife (of 23 years) will ride when I go on long trips. We ride with a local GWRRA group which we joined after moving up to central Mississippi from the Gulf Coast a year ago. The Stratoliner is “my” bike for every day riding and short to medium distances. Only owned the Wing for a month and work has kept me away for ½ that time and with all the rain lately not many miles on it as yet. It does ride nice and I’m getting used to it.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Welcome Crownfire, hope you and your wife enjoy many happy miles together on your new Wing, happy holidays!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Welcome and happy ride from Puyallup, WA :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Welcome to the forum and to the world of the wing. My wife love riding too, hope your weather gets better, I've heard of rain, but don't see it much :)

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome from Pennsylvania and congrats on your new Wing. Ride safe and often..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Can't wait to hear how you like the wing once you've have more time to ride it. I also have a Stratoliner S and will be getting a new Wing in the spring. I also love the Stratoliner but because of my 8th back surgery - that's right, 8 - along with plates and rods and screws that are 3 inches long, I want a bike that is going to give me a smoother ride and I don't think you can beat what the Wing offers for the price that you can pick a left-over for. I hope to get an '08 or '09. I can't wait to hear how you find the change in riding position and just your over all opinion of the new bike.

·
Super Moderator
14,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you everyone, and Merry Christmas.
Glazeguy, it rides more upright with your feet underneath you. Some of the people I ride with have put risers on the handlebars to raise them up a little and some have put on floorboards. I got on the Yamaha yesterday for a short ride and it sits a lot different. I think the small back support on the Wing will help me. With your back problems you may want to add a backrest like a lot of people do.

·
Super Moderator
28,455 Posts
Mark, welcome to the site. Hope you had a nice Christmas. My wife is my riding partner as well & we cover plenty of ground. Because we are each others best friends we mostly ride by ourselves, only occasionaly riding with some friends & family. Truly a mellow time on the road with the woman you love. You guys should have a blast.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts