Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
15,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I’m a new owner of a 2010 Gold Wing along with my 2006 Yamaha Stratoliner. The Gold Wing is “our” bike, purchased so that my wife (of 23 years) will ride when I go on long trips. We ride with a local GWRRA group which we joined after moving up to central Mississippi from the Gulf Coast a year ago. The Stratoliner is “my” bike for every day riding and short to medium distances. Only owned the Wing for a month and work has kept me away for ½ that time and with all the rain lately not many miles on it as yet. It does ride nice and I’m getting used to it.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Welcome Crownfire, hope you and your wife enjoy many happy miles together on your new Wing, happy holidays!

·
Super Moderator
10,436 Posts
Welcome from Pennsylvania and congrats on your new Wing. Ride safe and often..

·
Administrator
15,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you everyone, and Merry Christmas.
Glazeguy, it rides more upright with your feet underneath you. Some of the people I ride with have put risers on the handlebars to raise them up a little and some have put on floorboards. I got on the Yamaha yesterday for a short ride and it sits a lot different. I think the small back support on the Wing will help me. With your back problems you may want to add a backrest like a lot of people do.

·
Administrator
29,377 Posts
Mark, welcome to the site. Hope you had a nice Christmas. My wife is my riding partner as well & we cover plenty of ground. Because we are each others best friends we mostly ride by ourselves, only occasionaly riding with some friends & family. Truly a mellow time on the road with the woman you love. You guys should have a blast.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.