Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Not really new to this group, but have not been in here for a while. I just bought a new 2008 GL1800 and have about 300 miles on it now. I bought in in September of '09.
I have been looking around for a mug holder and have seen the Butler, Roadrunner, and a couple of others, but not sure which one is better for mine. Any input?
Also, looking for a half cover that is waterproof and UV protected. Have found a few but not fit my bike. Any suggestions on that?
One more question. I am also looking for highway pegs. I like the look of the Kuryakins, but not sure which ones will fit me and the bike. I also have been researching the Mik-o-pegs. But with so many choices, I really can't make a right choice. I am 6ft. 1" with a 32 inseam, but do not like the real low ones that I have seen.
Please help me on these as I am ready to add some accessories to my bike.
Also, how the heck do I adjust the mirrors. I need for them to go out a bit and up.
Thanks for all your help in the past and in the future.
Bigrnm

·
Super Moderator
9,857 Posts
Welcome to the board. Where is home for you?

Quite a laundry list of items. Let's see what I can help with.

Cover: I have a Tour King cover. Made of nylon, costs about $40 and fold up into a pouch not much bigger than than a small soda bottle.

Pegs: I have the Kurykyn ISO pegs on my 09 and like them very much. I have a 29" inseam but they are adjustable.

Mirrors: Just push on the mirror to adjust it to where you want it. Put your thumb more towards the outter edges of the mirror and gently push on them in the direction you want them to go.

Cup Holder: I don't have one on my bike, but I know a lot of folks like the Butler.

Congrats on your new Wing, enjoy and ride safe.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi Bigrnm, I have the ISO pegs on my 09 wing with the adjustable arms and the full boards. I have a 34" inseam and it took alot of time to get the pegs set just right - the fairing gets in the way. These pegs can be adjusted front to back, and the boards adjust as well. Also, you can set them either on the horizontal safety bar or the vertical one. As for the mug holder, someone on this site suggested golf stores. Apparently they have holders designed for golf carts which will work on bikes. Can't help with the cover, I just have the standard large bike cover.....it's okay. Ride safe, man...Lyndon

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies guys,
I am from El Paso, TX. Yes, right on the border of the murder capital of the current world, Juarez, Mexico.
Hey fossil, I have seen those pegs somewhere also, and they look nice and fit and hide away perfect for the goldwing. One of my concerns on those is that it seems that I would have to manually open and close those pegs, and I sort of want to do that while I am riding. On my '82 goldwing, I had some that I could bring out and in with my feet, but of course, I did not have a big fairing on that one. But I do love the look on those pegs. It is still an option.
Again thanks, and I will be looking for some more advice here in the next couple of weeks.
Bigrnm

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, I forgot to add something. I was concerned about the Butler drink holder because of the obstructions it seems to have with my handlebar controls, (or is this a misconception), and also because it has no base. I will be forced to use the drink container on this holder because it is not versatile.
I guess it might be something I can get used to.
thanks again.
Bigrnm

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
new GL1800

I understand what you are saying ronzilla. But I really don't like to stop that often.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts