Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from El Paso, TX

I bought a used 2002 GL1800A about a month ago with the CB, CD player, and who knows what else. I have been using a 1997 Kawasaki Voyager.

Anyway, I just got through installing the headsets that came with the bike. Everything seemed to work. My wife and I drove across town for breakfast and the intercom worked perfectly. We didn't use the radio.

When we left the restaurant and plugged in our helmets again, she could not hear me, but I could hear her. We swaped helmets and whom ever was plugged into the drivers outlet, their voice did not come through.

I would appreciate any help. Thanks

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Probably the pigtail on the bike, it pulgs in under the pocket, very easy to replace.
LEAD
39245-MCA-H90 (replaces 39245-MCA-003) $42.32

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Welcome to the forum xs. Sorry you have a glitch, but as Joe mentioned, shouldn't be too hard to trace down. Be sure to check all your settings too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Intercom problem

XSGL. Sorry to hear about your problem. Had a similar problem a week ago. The mic in my wifes helmet stopped working. Turned out to be a broken pin in the JM plug on the helmet. I posted a tread asking if anyone has spliced the flexible lead directly to the helmet intercom wiring. Deleting the Helmet plug entirely.The silence was deafening.!!! What happens is that when the operator is trying to plug the flexible lead into the helmet,unless you get it lined up straight you run the real risk of damaging the pins on the lead??? This happened in my case.With one pin breaking off inside the helmet base plug. Not receiving a reply I decided to steam ahead. I found information on a web site in regards to the wiring used and spliced the flexible factory "D" lead to the wiring in the helmet. Covered the splice with heat shrink. Looks factory. One less connection to give problems. If you want details of this easy alteration please contact me.

Regards

Marsan

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Good fix Marsan. I'm sure lots of interest will come your way for the details.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Marsan, xsglrider said that when he plunged his helmet into the passenger plug it worked, that which ever helmet was plugged into the front plug didn't work, thats why I suggest it is the connector on the bike, and not the helmet. The pins that go into the helmet are small and weak, thats why you should never unplug there, always connect and disconnect from the lower end of the plug that goes to the bike.
You did get a reply on your post when you asked your question, I posted a diagram of the connector, here is the post
http://www.goldwingowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4787

1 - 7 of 7 Posts