Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past Friday I went over to Easton, PA to pick up my wife's new (to her) GL1200. Her present 1200, with 86,000 miles is developing a knock, or more of a clatter in the engine and some of the electronics do not work. I found this new one on Craig's List and it seemed almost too good. It only had 28,000 original miles, came with factory cruise control, CB radio and, I think, every piece of chrome available for an '87 Aspencade. It runs great and is in almost show room condition. It shines like a new Penney! The best part, the owner only wanted $3,500 for it and that included the color matched Kompact Kamp cargo trailer!! He showed me the paperwork where he paid $5,600 for it a little over a year ago.

The color is a two-tone burgundy/bronze, does anyone know the correct color names and/or paint codes?

My wife doesn't really care for all the chrome accessories and I will be removing some of them (mainly light bars). They are all in very nice condition with no rust. I was wondering if there might be some interest in them from a member here? When I get ready to sell them, I'll post it on the Classified Board. Pictures will be available by email.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well Congrats on the new 2U Wing, cannot beat that deal with a cargo trailer too.
As for the color please sell the following website http://www.goldwingworld.com/pages/kleuren.htm
Thanks Trike Lady! I'm thinking the main color is Candy Wineberry, but I do not know what the second color is. The Aspencades had a two-tone paint job. The best way I can describe it is sort of a bronze looking color that has a pinkish hue in it. I've spent the day cleaning and polishing it and for a 23 year-old bike, it is cleaning up like it's practically brand new. It's amazing that for being all original it's in this kind of condition.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Sounds like an awesome buy!! I may be interested in the light bars for my 85 1200 if they are compatible! Please pm me!!!

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Yes, great deal. Riggin, there should be no issue with fitment of the accessories...go for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts