Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Im a 48 yr old male who has been riding since I was 12 or so. The last few years have been mostly dirt with a little street riding mixed in.

My GF inherited a 94 pearl white SE from her father when he passed about 1.5 yrs ago. Its been sitting ever since. We got it from her backyard where it was covered up and brought it to my house and installed a new batter and poured some fresh gas on top of the old gas and it fired right up. The rear brake was dead but I managed to get to the caliper and bled it and it seems to be ok now. We plan on riding the bike.

The bike is near flawless with 55k on it. I have only ridden it around the block and feel the wobble ive read about on here. The tires were replaced about 2k ago but that was about 2 yrs ago too. I will most likely put a new front on it.

Been lurking this site for a week now. Thanks for having me.

·
Super Moderator
9,845 Posts
Welcome to the forum from PA and congrats on your new Wing. You may want to check the tires and pressure on the bike. If it's been sitting for a long time could be flat spots on the tires or low pressure. I'm not sure about the 94's but there may be an air pressure adjustment you can make to the front forks. Check the owners manual if you have it. Good luck and ride safe..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks,

I aired the tires up. 33 in front i think. I was told by an ironbutt friend to try 40. And yes the forks. thanks I will look into that as well.

·
Super Moderator
28,437 Posts
Gasser300, 1st welcome to the site. 2nd lurk away, we have a good bunch of people here. If you have and questions ask & one of us opinated old farts will answer I'm sure. Again it's a great site as we all share a passion for Wings.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Welcome Gasser.....I might want to have someone give your new ride a once over....I just got my first GW abt two months ago....it too had been sitting for abt two yrs...
I got from an estate sale....I have just put new tires and brakes on it and changed the oil to Amsoil....I am taking it to a mechanic to have the air and fuel filter's changed next week......but love the ride....again welcome....

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Welcome Gasser 300, I remember the first couple of times I was on my Wing it felt wobble but after a few ride I was fine, I also started out with dirt bikes and I had a 650 for a time then I got my first wing big difference. I hope you and your GF enjoy the Wing.My Wife and I love it,We burn up the roads every chance We get.
Live to Ride Ride to Live

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My GFs dad was an awesome dude even tho I never methim. He built a tricked out airplane and when he passed it was sold. She was left with his hanger and house and all the stuff he had in both. The bike did have a trailer but when he passed, his hag GF took the bike and some other stuff. Cost my GF 15k for a lawyer to get the bike and the stolen possesions back. Trailer was gone.

I found notes in the owners manual. Bike has a K and N filter which I will look at.

Thanks again for the welcome.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Welcome Gasser and good luck with the Wing.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Welcome gasser...lurking is good at least on this site. Enjoy the Wing.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF Gasser There's a number of us Canucks on here too.Its a good bunch of people and thats why you and others have joined our group.

-Robert-

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rode the bike today. Thats the first time its been ridden in a couple yrs or so. It rode perfect. Very nice bike. Needs nothing.

It was my first ride on a touring bike and I liked it. Sailed it down the interstate at 75mph. Only rode maybe 25 miles or so.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This bike is white and every time I ride it I swear that people SEEM ti think I am a cop. As I come up behind cars they seem to tap brakes as if to slow down then they get over. Ive never had a bike that got "respect"

Has anybody else ever experienced this on a white bike?

Oh and all the great stuff I had always heard about 'wings, are true.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Glad that everything is going great, I think that is cool how people think you are a cop lol

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF gasser300. if there is a k &n air filter in there it just needs to be cleaned not replaced. with 55k miles you may want to get the timing belts changed

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome Gasser, glad you aren't lurking anymore. Due to the oppsed cylinder configuration of the engine, there are two timing belts, one for each cylinder bank. They keep all the valve train in line and proper sync. If they break, it's not a happy day as it could pile up the whole valve train. Did them twice on my '84 even though they didn't look too bad to me, and they could have likely gone a whole bunch more but what the heck. Never did the belts on my 1500 though I know I should have. Can't help you on the cost much, but figure 2-3 hours plus the belts if you have a Honda or other m/c shop do them. Get a Honda service manual first if you're gonna do it yourself.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey thanks man. Sounds like something I could possibly do. After all i kept a KTM and Gas Gas running for years. Heck changing the oil on that KTM was a real chore.

Thanks for the help. I will look into both a shop doing it and myself. As you may have read here, the bike is my GFs. I do have possession of it though and ride it to work on occasion. It is damn sure sweet.

Im tellin ya, people think I am a cop. Its hilarious when they look at me when I ride by.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts