Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back into bikes after a 20 year break. I own a classic Goldwing, 81 GL1100 interstate with 25,000 miles, wife also rides a Honda classic a 81 GL 500.

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
Bigun a big Hello to you & your wife.Welcome & enjoy the ride from the Keystone State.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Hello and Welcome from Georgia, Enjoy your Wing

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Another big welcome to the forum from a Pennsylvania guy. Sounds like you have a nice set of rides there. Ride safe and enjoy the board. Lot's of nice folks on here..

·
Registered
38 Posts
Welcome Bigun from the Great State of Texas!!

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Hi Bigun and welcome. Lots of (s)miles in that 1100 yet!!:D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Welcome Bigun,

Where in Iowa are you located? I lived for a year in Iowa City and I can say that it was a great place to ride.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Bigun and welcome. Lots of (s)miles in that 1100 yet!!:D
:D Put 250+ miles on it this weekend just doing back country roads a trip around Lake Rathburn and some in town driving just to get used to its slow spead manners. It's a wonderfull machine, not overpowering but smooth just what I needed to get back into the sport. Getting a lot of flack from my buddies that ride harley's But I dont care I'm back in the wind and having a ball. Oh and Im from South Central Iowa a little burg named Chariton.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Bigun....great to hear you are back in the saddle....Enjoy your Interstate...I have a '81 GW Interstate metalic black...it rides great, but is showing its years, looking to upgrade to '10....safe ride:)

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Welcome from the Tar Heel state :)

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
My best buddy in the Corps was from Ames, Iowa. I can't think of Iowa without wondering , " What ever happened to Jay ? " It must be great having your wife along for the rides and having your bike to yourself at the same time.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Howdy from your neighbor to the east, and welcome to the forum. Sounds like you and the Mrs. have a couple of wonderful bikes. :cool:
Congrats and ride safe.

Dane :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My best buddy in the Corps was from Ames, Iowa. I can't think of Iowa without wondering , " What ever happened to Jay ? " It must be great having your wife along for the rides and having your bike to yourself at the same time.
It is quite nice.:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts