Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I have a 2010 Yellow airbag ride.

Didn't really want the airbag but wanted the ABS and the price was right.

Please fill me in on maintenance, appearance and other items that are different or special about this model. I had a 1200 Limited and I also have a 1100 Tourer.

Do the wheels have a clear coat?

Also is there a way to bypass the need to press the ent button every time you want the Nav on? Or is there a way to press it on the move?

Scott

·
Super Moderator
28,448 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF Scott. A good place to hang out & enjoy. I'm a 1500 guy so I'll let your questions for one of those Hi-Tech 1800 fellows that hang around here.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello scott, welcome to GWOF

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
My wheels do not have a clear coat on them, they should. The rear rim will grab and hold the brake dust and look like it is black powder coated in no time if you don't wipe it down often. The old " out of sight, out of mind " adage applies here. The air bag model has some limitations on accessories you can add. The only one that comes to my mind at the moment is the front fender extension / mud flap. As you shop for goodies make special note of this caveat: " Will not work with Air-bag equipped models ". That Navigation button is annoying and I have not researched it to see if someone has discovered a way to bypass the restrictions. If mother Honda would have put the Navi on button on the top dash where all the controls are active on the move we would not be having this conversation. What were they not thinking !

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome along Unclesam. Chopin is telling true about the farkles and airbag model. the 2012 has clear on the rims, but the rest of us are relgated to power-balls and cleaners/polishes. The nav controls all disable when the bike is moving, a pain yes, but far safer really.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa and congrats on your top of the line Wing. Ride safe and enjoy the forum..

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No mud flap?

The wheels do not have a clear coat on them, they should. The rear rim will grab and hold the brake dust and look like it is black powder coated in no time if you don't wipe it down often. The old " out of sight, out of mind " adage applies here. The air bag model has some limitations on accessories you can add. The only one that comes to my mind at the moment is the front fender extension / mud flap. As you shop for goodies make special note of this caveat: " Will not work with Air-bag equipped models ". That Navigation button is annoying and I have not researched it to see if someone has discovered a way to bypass the restrictions. If mother Honda would have put the Navi on button on the top dash where all the controls are active on the move we would not be having this conversation. What were they not thinking !
I put a Kuryakyn front fender extension on. Is there a reason I shouldn't have?

·
Super Moderator
11,803 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. I'm a 1200 (soon to be a 1500) guy, so I can't help much. :(

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, Unclesam from down here in the blast-furnace, aka, Texas.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts