Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,just got another 1500. Its an 88 but looks good with 81k. I had one 3 bikes ago and had to come back. the only issue that I have is monkey butt after 100 mi. or so. It has the stock seat. Ive tried a sheepskin cover, a gel pad,etc. I also wear biker shorts. nothing seams to work. What works to get rid of this. I see the ads for the Roadsofa. Does it really help? i dont know anyone who has one to ask. Thanks,robert a

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Hi Robert, welcome to the forum from another Keystone state'r.. Where in Pa are you?? I had a Roadsofa on my 98 GL1500 and loved it. Paid about $675 for it with the back rest. Lowered me about 1 inch which made it easier to plant my feet. Did many 600+ miles in that saddle without any problems.

·
Super Moderator
7,673 Posts
Hello Robert
Welcome to the forum and greetings from Florida. I have no problem with the stock seat, it works well for me. You may want to go with a cloth seat if you have one custom made. Some people sit on bead seat covers, doesn't sound very comfortable.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi Robert,

Welcome from PA, Lets ride this week end... My wife and I are heading over towards Punxsutawney, let me know...

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello robert and welcome to GWOF

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Welcome to the site Robert

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Welcome to the site Robert. Lots of riders around here have a Hartco seat, but those are 1800's. I do know that the Russell Day- Longs were popular, and I've used Corbins in the past. I was fortunate with my 1500, never had an issue with the seat. Lots of options out there though, some of the members will offer their suggestions I'm sure.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You must be a Christian from what i see of your posts. We are too. We live in State College. The middle of it all. Robert

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
Welcome from another PA guy. Take a look at the Hartco seat on my 1500. It works Great. You don't mention if you have Highaway pegs or not. I can tell you that after I put the seat on with the backrest (just as important) & the Highway pegs I was never a victim of monkey butt again.

The little lady & I completed a cross country ride in July & put on 9K miles & had no issues with seating.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
You must be a Christian from what i see of your posts. We are too. We live in State College. The middle of it all. Robert
Have a good friend who was the DA in Center County.. Great area. I will be there on the 18th for the Kent State game.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Welcome from another PA guy. Take a look at the Hartco seat on my 1500. It works Great. You don't mention if you have Highaway pegs or not. I can tell you that after I put the seat on with the backrest (just as important) & the Highway pegs I was never a victim of monkey butt again.

The little lady & I completed a cross country ride in July & put on 9K miles & had no issues with seating.
Sorry for double posting, but it is well known among some senior members here that chopin114 is a great admirer of fossil's velvet throne.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forums. At 65 years old my butt hurts when I ride around the block :)) The only thing that I ever did is hit the gym and that seams to help some.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
DA

Have a good friend who was the DA in Center County.. Great area. I will be there on the 18th for the Kent State game.
Was it Mike Madera? Have seen him on rides,etc. I just looked at my post after a long time,1:35pm during the Kent State game. I see your in town.I can almost see the stadium if some trees were cut down. Can hear the loudspeakers. Were going for a short ride to Belleville for baked goods in a couple minutes. Too bad I didnt look at this sooner we could have got together.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hatco

Just looked at the posts after a long time. The seat lookes great. Thats one that I am considering. Bidding on a stock seat on ebay so I can send it to one of the companies who custom makes the seat just for me.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Robert, Before you spend a lot of money on an aftermarket seat, give the beaded seat a try. I put them on both of my two GL1500s. It made a world of difference in getting rid of the dreaded monkey butt. I also put them on my backrest. Stopped the "sweaty back" syndrome in the summertime!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hartco seat

Hello, Im thinking pretty seriously about buying a Hartco for my 1500. Im reading that a lot of people are not liking how hard it is to start out. How long did it take for you to break yours in? It looks great on the bike. Some just dont think its worth the effort or miles. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,Bob

1 - 20 of 22 Posts