Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone My names TJ Im from fetus mo About 30 mins south of st louis on good old hwy 55. I drive a wing thats older than me and love it. Its a 1978 Goldwing Full dresser But I ain't sure if its a 1000 or 1100 The plastics on the sides say 1000 but motor cover says 1100 and i dont know how to tell lol. I'm an otr truck driver so I ride when ever i can. If anyone close and wanna ride let me know.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Welcome to the forum old skool, been through your town many times,neat town with a neat name.

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania. In 1978 Wings had a 1000cc motor. The GL1100 was introduced in 1980.

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome from the Great White North Old Skool. Check your vin #. Can't remember but there should be one stamped on the steering head. The only way there is an 1100 engine in that bike is if it was put in by a previous owner. It is possible that only the head covers were changed if they'd fit but not sure on that either. There will be a stamping on the engine case somewhere too that will show the displacement of the engine followed by cc3 or similar. It's typically on the cylinder jug.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts