Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if you can get straight exhaust for a 1982 honda goldwing interstate gl1100? ie: vance & hines and etc.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Have an exhaust shop build you a se off the original headers then have them ceramic coated. There are now endless colors of ceramic coatings

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds great, i will look into it! would i have to jet the carbs? im sure i will but i want to make sure!

·
Registered
137 Posts
does anyone know if you can get straight exhaust for a 1982 honda goldwing interstate gl1100? ie: vance & hines and etc.
having it built is proably your best bet, and yes have it ceramic coated-- also when it being built install a bung for an O2 sensor--- then you can check to make sure you have it jetted correctly--then after tuning them correctly you can remove the sensor and put a plug in them. It makes for easy tunning. and a great running motor--LOUD BUT GOOD RUNNING

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks alot guys for your help. i will keep you posted with some pictures. im really hoping to pump this cycle up!

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Custom Exhaust

I have a 84 and I put together a custom exhaust. I bought 2 glass packs from JCW they cost me bout 40 dollars. Went down to my local muffler shop and the installed a real nice set up for me.The mufflers were 24 in long with a 3 1/2 round diameter.Each end had a 2 inch inlet and outlet. The sound is fabulous!! Just like a Porsche!!! The whole deal with shippin cost me $140.Make sure the mufflers go on at the end. Put 2 2 1/4" chrome turn downs that I got from OREILLYS AUTO Parts on the ends of the glasss packs. I painted all the stuff with high heat flat black paint. They mounted the glass packs under the saddel bags. They used the same mounting place for the pipes on the passenger pegs.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Can you explain this

Have an exhaust shop build you a se off the original headers then have them ceramic coated. There are now endless colors of ceramic coatings

Can you explain this in a little bit more detail. I am looking to change my pipes for some deeper sound and I don't know which pipes to get. I don't want my Wing to sound like a sewing machine. I would prefer a Porche like sound.

My question above is; Can I just walk into an exhaust shop with my Wing and tell them I want new pipes for them?
They will build me a set of pipes?
What's up with the ceramic coated?

New bike owner and not too familiar with exhaust pipes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Custom Exhaust

Sure! I took the mufflers still in the box told him where I wanted them to hang under the bags. He bent all the pipes and installed everything. They charged me $107. Remember to get the sized mufflers I said if you go to small in diameter they will sound like a sewing machine. 2inc inlet and 2 inch outlet on the mufflers and at least 24" from tip to tip. If you follow this guide you will be amazed at the sound you end up with!! If you have any other questions email me and if you want I`ll send you some pics of the finished products. It`s well worth the $140. I spent for them. By they way I sold my old mufflers on flea-bay and they brought $175.!!!! so I got a free exhaust and some gas money to boot!! :cool:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sure! I took the mufflers still in the box told him where I wanted them to hang under the bags. He bent all the pipes and installed everything. They charged me $107. Remember to get the sized mufflers I said if you go to small in diameter they will sound like a sewing machine. 2inc inlet and 2 inch outlet on the mufflers and at least 24" from tip to tip. If you follow this guide you will be amazed at the sound you end up with!! If you have any other questions email me and if you want I`ll send you some pics of the finished products. It`s well worth the $140. I spent for them. By they way I sold my old mufflers on flea-bay and they brought $175.!!!! so I got a free exhaust and some gas money to boot!! :cool:
thanks......you just helped me alot! I too wanted something that sounded like the Cobras with-out the high cost, and his is it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts