Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I saw that pointed out on another forum yesterday. It's a VERY nice looking machine IMHO. Very interesting that it's available in an automatic. That should be popular with some. And widen their market I would think.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
using the Motorcycle. com app.

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
reminds me of a rehashed dn-01

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
I like the auto trany idea. But then again I'm old....

·
Administrator
28,996 Posts
Interesting bike, Agree with Doc seems like a reworked DN-01. It also appears that Honda is getting a whole lot of mileage out of the 670 Twin. Sort of reminiscant of the 2.5 Dodge. Put the powerplant in a variety of vehicles to appeal to the masses. Not a terrible idea just an observation.

For my money if I was in the market for a twin 700 I would go with the NX700. I like the styling better. However either way I would bag the Automatic, an Ole Fossil likes to be in control. Geez even my Duramax is a Hand-Fired 6speed.:punk:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I sat on one of the NC700X in the showroom, I like the bike but it has a 32" seat height. That is pushing it for me, the CTX700 states a 28 similar to the GW. It does look similar to the DN-01 which I also liked, but not 14K worth that Honda originally wanted, now I see them for around 10K.

·
Premium Member
24,648 Posts
Not available here in Canada (at least yet) but it shares the NC powertrain. Should b every manageable with the lower seat height. I tested both NC models last fall and liked them very much (once I got used to the short rev range). I love the full fairing and the DCT tranny idea.

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
Not available here in Canada (at least yet) but it shares the NC powertrain. Should b every manageable with the lower seat height. I tested both NC models last fall and liked them very much (once I got used to the short rev range). I love the full fairing and the DCT tranny idea.
the gas milage sounds great but if thats the same motor as the 700x then there isn't enough hp to make me happy

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
Test rode the NC700x and loved it too. A great beginners touring bike if outfitted with a Givi top box too. Was out of my price range at the time, otherwise would have been interested. Not the best however for riding two up.

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
I like the looks.....but I prefer a four cylinder over a twin any day. Too bad they couldn't have put an updated 750 V4 in it....now that would be sweet!

Mark

1 - 11 of 11 Posts