Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VIDEO

I had a new Corbin saddle installed on the bike at Bike week.

Now i want to sell my stock 2012 heated seat set. It is in excellent condition, of course! :D

·
Super Moderator
7,638 Posts
That's a nice looking seat.
I like the design on the driver's back rest.

·
Premium Member
23,812 Posts
Fantastic seat. That's lumbar and back support taken to a higher level. I can see a 500+ mile day straddled on that saddle.

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
Thats top of the line....Nice Seat

·
Premium Member
6,426 Posts
Awesome....We need a review after some miles please. How is the seat upgrade for the passenger? Does it move them up some (less slouch)?

Mark

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Great looking seat Joe. The white piping around it makes it really look classy. Question on your 2012 seat.. Is the 2012 seat any different than the earlier model seat? I'm happy with my 09 stock seat, but if it is different, some of the guys who were thinking of swaping out theirs might be interested. Maybe you can get a quick sale and recoup some of the money for that good looking Corbin..

·
Premium Member
7,556 Posts
Your video is not viewable with the iPad as flash player is required which is unavailable on iPad. Just mentioning just in case you wanted to share with all as you might include a photo too. Thanks.

Dan

·
Registered
749 Posts
What kind of deal did you get on this seat at bike week?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The seat was $1247 installed. I don't think the 2012 will fit the earlier models. sorry folks! I had to put a longer forward tilt adjusting bolt into it to bring the backrest far enough forward for my (apparently) short arms. When Corbin installed the seat, they forgot to give me the additional hardware that comes with it, which I suspect is the longer bolt and maybe an allen wrench. oh well. I went to Fastenal to get the longer bolt and adjusted the seat backrest tilt. Now it is comfortable!

They were going to ship my stock seat home, but I was able to fit it into my Eascapade trailer, even with all of the other stuff I brought along. I really LOVE this trailer!

As for many miles ... I don't know. I will let you know when I ride to CommieFornia in May. I do know that my 2012 stock seat gave me very intense pain at the tip of the tailbone when I would dismount after 150 or 200 miles of riding (riding out a tank of fuel). This Corbin creates NO tailbone soreness, so it was well worth the money.

I do tend to slide forward just a bit. I might have a bit more padding put under the cover at the forward half, to give me something to settle into when I ride. We will see after a few miles. Maybe the seat will conform to me?

As for a rear passenger ... I don't have one. No "significant other" right now, so I cannot report on the riding comfort of a passenger. Maybe I'll find Daisy Duke hitchhiking along the highway on my way to CommieFornia! Hey! It COULD happen!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Have you started your big trip yet? We met you when you were having the seat installed at Corbin. I liked the looks of the Corbin, momma wasn't too impressed with the backrest set up. We couldn't pass up on the price to recover our Diamond Seat.

·
Administrator
25,864 Posts
Argh, FB again LOL. I love Corbin seats, have had 3 of them (one is on my RC). The dual-tour I had on the Vulcan gave it a range that was virtually limitless. Any way you could post a pic? It sounds real spanky!;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts