Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just thought I'd throw this out here.

Roadsmith just released their new 'Comfort Controls' this past July 4th for the GoldWing. They supposedly fit years 2001 - 2012. I just ordered a set of these hoping that they "will" improve the foot position. I was never comfortable with the cramped 'straight down' shifter and brake location. And no, I haven't received any benefit from mentioning this product nor to I have any affiliation with the manufacturer. I just wanted to advise all of you of a possible great new comfort offering. See link below;

http://trikeshop.com/news/4192012/

·
Registered
44 Posts
comfort controls

Awesome, let me know how these work for you. I've been asking for reviews since seeing it in GW mag last month, but it was too soon. pricey, and concerns of drag in the twisties kept me on the fence. Not to mention ALL trike and bike shops I've spoke with know little or nothing about them, or how to install it.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I saw these also,I share the concern about dragging them. If you don't survive we'll know what not to buy LOL

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay guys, I brought the trike home this weekend and the comfort controls definitely do make a difference! Although my Wing is triked, I doubt that they would be too low for a two wheeler regarding leaning into a turn.

Granted, they still won't have your feet out in front like the other bikes (Harley, ect.) but they do make enough of a difference to allow for a more comfortable, or more 'natural' foot position! Yes, they are expensive! But for me, they were clearly worth it!

·
Administrator
15,283 Posts
Anybody put these on a two wheeler yet? I'm thinking about it but would like to hear from some who have jumped in first.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Anybody put these on a two wheeler yet? I'm thinking about it but would like to hear from some who have jumped in first.
I'm thinking about doing it this winter on 2 wheels. Would really like to see them first, even on a trike, to see how they look before spending that kind of money.

·
Premium Member
24,648 Posts
Perhaps rmrc51 could post a pic or two with them on his ride?;)

·
Administrator
15,283 Posts
Perhaps rmrc51 could post a pic or two with them on his ride?;)
That would help us all.

You being at a dealer, any word on how Mother Honda feels about these? Any worries with extended warrenties?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Comfort Controls by Roadsmith

As per your request, here's a few photos of the Roadsmith Comfort Controls on my Wing trike. You'll be able to see the standard mounting points for the shifter and brake and where they've been relocated to;

[/IMG]

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Any trouble clearing the fairing with your feet or shins? Did you install yourself? If so, how difficult was it? Thanks!
I have no clearance issues at all.

I didn't install them. The dealer I bought my trike from and who also did the Roadsmith conversion did. I can tell you that if you have aqua boards or wing boards, they have some different parts to accommodate the aqua/wing boards. Call Roadsmith, they're great regarding customer support and instructions.

·
Premium Member
24,648 Posts
Great pics rc, I can see where that would really add to rider comfort over the long haul.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts