Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new OEM Honda CB and antennae for my GL1800 and I am looking for any advice on a do-it-yourself installation. Is there anything I need to look out for or special precautions? Hopefully I won't have to remove the trunk. I assume it is plug-and-play once it is installed, right? Thanks in advance, CD

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
On the 1800, there is no need to remove the trunk. Just loosen the nuts so that you can lift it up to drill the hole for wiring. Than run and connect the wiring.

It is a pretty simple job. When it came to the antenna, I spent more time stressing about drilling the holes in the trunk lid than it took do the job itself. There are markings on inside of the lid where to drill the two holes. Start out with a small drill bit and work your way up to the correct size.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay- I just finished the job and I must say, it was NOT a simple job. It took all day to complete (and I am fairly mechanically proficient). I had no idea you had to take off half of the front end to install the filters and plug it in. I managed to get it done and I am happy now to have it (God please don't let it break) but I would seriously reconsider doing this job again in the future. I am really starting to question Honda's sanity for putting in a control head but no radio. I would have GLADLY paid more for the bike if it would have had the CB installed already. That is just STUPID and CHEAP of them. Unless you REALLY REALLY nead a CB radio, I would highly recommend not doing this one yourself. Of course, it didn't help that it was about 200 degrees in my garage all day (south Alabama). Sorry for my rant, I am cooling off now.

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
Break 1-9 How about you Dex, you got your ears on?

Good job sit back & relax. It's all good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts