Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow I will be picking up my "new" Bushtec trailer. It is a '93 model Turbo, that was teal green when purchased in '08, towing it behind my coronado blue bike was a little mis matched. Will try to get some before and after pics posted out soon as I can.

·
Super Moderator
9,849 Posts
Congrats on your purchase. From everything I've seen on forums folks love the Bushtec trailers. Hold a lot and are easy to tow. Good luck..

·
Registered
198 Posts
Good for you whacker. Thats something I would like to score. From all I read about the Bushtec they are the best. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
The Bushtec is a great trailer but check the wheels, they have air adjustable shocks and the wheels will lean in and out with amount of air in the shocks and weight in the trailer. make sure the wheels are straight before you take off or you will be replacing the tires. Here is one on my 98SE

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First off, I bought the trailer 3 years ago and am now just getting it painted to match the bike. My brother and met at his shop and put the finishing touches on it, it looks great, that's where things turn bad. The ride from MO to IL was great on Saturday, Sunday good temps but very high winds for the trip home. The short of it is I went down going through a left hand curve when the winds caught me steering into the apex and forced me wide. Fought it on the roads edge and got the bike vertical when another gust finished me off. I haven't seen the bike, my brother thinks it is repairable, the newly painted trailer has some scratches. I wound up with 5 broken ribs, should get discharged from hospital Tuesday. Insurance adjusters should get a look at the bike in the next couple days, I'll heal, it's the bike I'm more concerned about.

·
Super Moderator
14,413 Posts
So sorry to hear that. I also was riding in those winds Sunday and it was a struggle.

·
Super Moderator
9,849 Posts
Whacker, sorry to hear about your accident. Those things happen, but you and your condition are the most important thing. Tupperware and metal can be fixed. Sorry you are hurt, but hope you heal quickly and can get back in the saddle soon.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Speedy recovery for you whacker. Good to hear your worried about your bike. Winds were strong here as well. Riding into them was something else. Glad your all right.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Wacker, Sorry to hear about your accident. I hope you heal quickly and get your Wing back on the road in perfect shape.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
My best wishes also Whacker. Ribs are painful and not much you can do until they heal, but you can count your blessings. Hang in there and keep talking to us.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the well wishes, made it home last night. Been talking with insurance since Monday, at this point, all indications are things are going to get fixed. I can just see the expression on the painters face when he gets the trailer back...WTF! The bike is being delivered to Niehause Cycle tomorrow for a work up, hope to hear back from them by Friday. Of course I've already been asked if I'm getting back on, my responce was absolutely! I've thought about what happened over and over, if there was one thing I could have done differently, it would to have been brake harder before entering the turn due to the tailwind behind me. Needless to say, since the bike will be repaired so close to the site of the accident, the first place I go after picking it up will be that damn curve! Ride safe everyone.:D

·
Super Moderator
9,849 Posts
Keep healing Wacker and get back in the saddle when you are able. Glad your home safely. I've heard good things about Niehouse Cycle, so hopefully it will fixed correctly the first time. Take it easy and be safe..

·
Super Moderator
14,413 Posts
Needless to say, since the bike will be repaired so close to the site of the accident, the first place I go after picking it up will be that damn curve! Ride safe everyone.:D
Way to go! While it wasn't right away I also rode past the place I wrecked a year ago. Hope they can get the parts right away and get you back on the road. Speedy recovery.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, not looking good. Got a call from the dealer this afternoon, still have to get everything to the adjuster, but the repair quote is $11,600. Mostly tupperware, except for a front wheel, valve cover and crash guards (most notable). If repaired it would be a NEW bike, but wow, all that for an 11 year old bike with 120K, I really want my 15 back, but probably won't have that choice. I'm heartbroken, waiting for adjusters call, really don't know what I'm going to do...another 15? 18? bank the payout and wait for the 2012 or 13?:(

·
Super Moderator
14,413 Posts
Oh crap! I suggest you start to look at 2010's.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts