Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the email this afternoon.

My new GW arrived at the dealer's this afternoon. They'll be assembling the bike tomorrow morning, and I can pick it up after lunch.

Blue, 2012 GW, basic model.

That's about a week earlier than I expected.

-WM

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Excitement in the camp. The new bike is near. Best wish for the coming adventures. Eric

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Great news WM! Try and get some sleep tonight wil ya:D

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
All right, let the farkling begin.. When your done, it won't be a "base" model anymore... Ride safe and be sure to post some pics for us.

·
Super Moderator
7,671 Posts
Congrats on the new Wing, please post pics. Ride safe and enjoy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here she is. Put 101 miles on her today just to get her home.

This is the bike I've always wanted. I didn't really know it until today.

Starts smooth, I can maneuver at low speeds without the jerkiness I had on the M50.

Electric reverse is great.

Yes, I even tried dropping her :eek:

I stopped to show her off and knew I was on awkward ground. Trying to make a tight left turn from a standing position, with wife on back, she got top heavy on me and fell over.

I was embarrassed. Luckily my friend didn't see. She came right up and went on her merry way, though. So now I feel like I've already been through the worst of it.

Other than that one embarrassing moment, I'm very happy!

Oh, wife is happy too. No issues with back. She really enjoys the full back support, and the seat even pooches out where she needs the support the most. She didn't get flung out of her throne ... uh ... seat when the bike toppled.

-WM

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
As long as the wife is happy every thing is good. Great looking bike, congrats.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Yes, I even tried dropping her :eek:

I stopped to show her off and knew I was on awkward ground. Trying to make a tight left turn from a standing position, with wife on back, she got top heavy on me and fell over.

I was embarrassed. Luckily my friend didn't see. She came right up and went on her merry way, though. So now I feel like I've already been through the worst of it.

-WM
You need a Gremlin Bell. Pm me your address and I'll ship you one on Tuesday.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You need a Gremlin Bell. Pm me your address and I'll ship you one on Tuesday.
LOL. I guess I should. Seems the two I have on the bike aren't working.

One is the three year old bell I took off the old bike. I gave the new owner a new bell, but maybe I got bad hoodoo for taking it off?

The other was given to me just before I bought the bike by a Harley owner, and has the Harley logo on it. Harley bells don't work for Hondas?

Any way, looks like I need more help.

Thank you for the kindness.

-WM

·
Super Moderator
11,812 Posts
The other was given to me just before I bought the bike by a Harley owner, and has the Harley logo on it. Harley bells don't work for Hondas?

-WM

The bell was all used up from the Harley!

:D:D:D:D

Great looking machine, enjoy!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts