Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really excited about getting another Silverwing. I had one 3 years ago and made the mistake of selling it. I have an appointment in an hour to look at it. 5,000 original miles.

·
Super Moderator
7,661 Posts
Did you get the original version that looks like a Baby Wing? or the modern scooter with the same name?

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Seattle Seahawks just beat the Giants....... so I am out the door with some cash in my hand. Excited about getting a step through bike again. For the winter and around town, this bike can't be beat.

·
Super Moderator
7,661 Posts
The Vikings beat the feathers off the Cardinals 34-10.

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I bought the Wing-ette! I get to pick it up on Wednesday. Oh boy. I like it when I get a new bike to ride.

I will go bother everyone on that forum now. See if I can't get on a few Christmas Card List there. There goes the Silverwing Forum Neighborhood!

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
I like the twist and go....how fast do they go?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Scooters?

That's a cool scoot! :D I was at a bike show in Toronto last year..in the C.N.E. grounds..anyway that show is mostly an H.D. show, all the bad-ass types are in that one. I was leaving when I saw a guy, ..you know the type..covered in ink, all the usual leather etc, I was crossing the parking lot & I see this dude...he climbs aboard ...are you ready?
A BURGMAN SCOOTER!! I mean they are cool rides and all,but, this just didn't look right......:eek::D:D
It must have been his sisters...hehehe..maybe just a back-up ride..whatever..I couldn't see straight for a couple of hrs after that shock...:D

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
congrats larry, do you plan on putting a car tire on the scooter too :)

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had a Burgman 400 two years ago.

I like the step through design of these super scooters. The storage under the seat is a little bit more than the rear trunk on the Goldwing. It is fuel injected so it starts and goes immediately. 100 mph is possible. My brother has one and I have ridden his quite a bit. That is why I am going for the Silverwing rather than the Burgman. He gets 55 mpg and it is a 600cc sport bike disguised as a scooter. He bought his new in 03 and has had nothing go wrong with his.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
wow, a wing and a thing.
Should we call you 'Colonel Sanders' or 'Two piece'?

smooth ride, I would ride that to commute.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Registered
73 Posts
Several years ago when I lived in Dallas i followed a guy home from work and he was your typical Harley looking rider with the long hair and braded beard and leather, with a patch that said Bikers for Jesus, and he was riding a Bergman.

I wondered if he had his Harley in the shop and was riding the Bergman until it was fixed, but I saw him on the Bergman almost every day for a year or more.

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
congrats larry, do you plan on putting a car tire on the scooter too :)
They sell some wheel barrow tires the same size, but I don't think they are rated for the same speed. Weight maybe, maybe not....cuz the last time I was told to haul ass with a wheel barrow, I had to make two trips!

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Several years ago when I lived in Dallas i followed a guy home from work and he was your typical Harley looking rider with the long hair and braded beard and leather, with a patch that said Bikers for Jesus, and he was riding a Bergman.

I wondered if he had his Harley in the shop and was riding the Bergman until it was fixed, but I saw him on the Bergman almost every day for a year or more.
The tatoos don't come off very well and if you are forced to sell your Harley...... and you buy a scooter, you had to be desperate. So desperate, that he probably couldn't afford a wardrobe make over.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Great Bike

Did you get the original version that looks like a Baby Wing? or the modern scooter with the same name?
We had two 650's like the one in your photo. One Silver, with German Specs (bought new in Germany); the other red like in your picture...used...still being used by a friend of mine. GREAT bike...we rode it all over Europe!

·
Registered
280 Posts
I am really excited about getting another Silverwing. I had one 3 years ago and made the mistake of selling it. I have an appointment in an hour to look at it. 5,000 original miles.
I wanted Honda's scooter, but they were almost $2000 more than the new Burgman 400 I bought for my wife. They're 600cc, but knowing my wife, I figured she'd not put much mileage on it, so i opted for the cheaper of the two. I was right... 27mos later and only 1200 miles on that scooter, 600 of it was me riding it. They're cool, fast, nimble, and smooth, but like you, I'd opt for the larger version Silverwing or Burgman 650. Hope you enjoy it!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts