Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I just joined the club after purchasing 2008 GW navi/ABS/comfort. The bike is my daily ride (even when it is 25 F!)

I am living in Mechanicsburg PA for the next two years after moving from Brisbane, Australia at Christmas time.

I have been riding a Royal Star Venture for the last 10 years and decided to sell before moving over here. The logical step was a GW!

This is my second stay in USA - I was in Newport News VA for 2.5 years in the mid 2000s where I was fortunate to meet a number of fellow Venture riders (I had shipped my bike across from Australia).

My intent is to ship the GW home at the end of my tour.

I appreciate all the input fellow members have on this forum as it allowed me to research the GW prior to purchase. I look forward to meeting fellow riders and contributing where I can.

cheers

Dave

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
Welcome Dave would you be free on the 16th to meet some of us in Carlisle we are doing a breakfast get together we love you down under mates.:D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
G'day golddragon1329

Boyertwon...I purchased my bike from there.

Let me know the details of the meeting place and time in Carlisle and I will see if I can make it. I have something on the night before and may need a sleep in ;)

thanks for the reply.

cheers

dave

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF. I hear tell those Pa. boy are a good bunch, can't say for sure it's just what I heard.:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
hello dave, welcome to GWOF. have a great stay in the usa and get some of the guys in pa. to show you around when you have time

·
Premium Member
24,120 Posts
You have to come to breakfast at the " meet and greet " in Carlisle , PA in a few weeks. Come car or bike ( most, if not all, will be in a car ). We are Aussie friendly and all can speak Tasmanian.

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
G'day golddragon1329

Boyertwon...I purchased my bike from there.

Let me know the details of the meeting place and time in Carlisle and I will see if I can make it. I have something on the night before and may need a sleep in ;)

thanks for the reply.

cheers

dave
That's cool on the bike from Boyertown and like Lee said come on with us.

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Welcome, Dave from down south in balmy Texas. Your countryman Eric is probably the most liked man on the entire Forum....you come from good people.

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
G'day Dave,
Great to see anougher Aussie on here. You will be able to meet some great people that are on this forum. Make sure that you get to see some of their country side. We ran out of words that would do it justice. We were over there in August 2012. Have a fun time.
PS: Welcome to GWOF.
Eric

·
Administrator
29,001 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF, Aussie Dave. Yes this is a good place, yes we have a soft spot for Aussies & yes you will have a grand time if you join us for breakfast on the 16th. The Pa/Va/Md bunch are a great bunch of people. As always this is just one Ole Fossil's opinion.:D

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF, Aussie Dave. Yes this is a good place, yes we have a soft spot for Aussies & yes you will have a grand time if you join us for breakfast on the 16th. The Pa/Va/Md bunch are a great bunch of people. As always this is just one Ole Fossil's opinion.:D
OH now don't stop you are so right.:D

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Welcome to the forum Dave. Hope to meet you on the 16th.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts