Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No it's not another baby!!!!! Well actually it is, it's my new baby
Already have a windshield, handlebar risers, radiator guard, fender extender and extra saddle bag keys ordered, today I went to the shop and bought a tail bag, and a tank protector, all I have to do now is either change the seat or have it redone, and buy and install my J&M handlebar mounted CB. I was not sure if I was going to like this thing or not but so far it's been a blast to ride.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Hi Joe,

Bike is a Beaut. Be interesting to know what it is that stands out to you.
Acceleration, balance or handling etc.
I am sure it will take time but would like to hear back.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Bike looks great!! The seat does look a bit uncomfy though!!

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Great looking bike Joe, and I love the color. I think you are going to have a blast with that baby.... Looks like bags will carry quite a bit of "stuff" too. Ride safe and enjoy.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Gee joe. That's not bad. I really didn't know what to expect from only the pictures I saw on web sites. It's front nose and fender have the look of a baby Wing. I would imagine maneuvering that around is like pushing air after coming off the Wing. Bring her on board here as she is now a member of our family also.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
thats a nice kawasaki joe but i need to stay away from sport and sport touring bikes, trying to stay on the double digit side of 100 and if i had that me and 130 would become good friends, just like the good old days

·
Registered
74 Posts
Congrats on the bike. I've got an '02 version that I kept after getting my GW, and I love the bike. The newer version is an awesome looking and performing bike. Be careful twisting the throttle on the on-ramps - you will get to talk to a not too friendly man with a booklet in his hand as he asks for your autograph for triple digit merging.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Thats a beautiful baby you have there Joe, would you mind if i came over and held for a while, say 2000km.
Seriously thats a good looking bike and congratulations are in order, i'll be interested in your report on how it rides .

·
Super Moderator
28,453 Posts
Kaw-a-bunga Joe, Sweet Ride.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
I don't see a cup holder on there so I guess it's not "road ready" yet... Enjoy and ride safe..

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't see a cup holder on there so I guess it's not "road ready" yet... Enjoy and ride safe..
Thanks for the replies, It doesn't have a cruise control YET so I won't be able to use a cup holder but I do have one I saved from my Gold Wing, The bolts that hold brake and clutch reservoirs on are the same pattern as the Wing thats how I was able to use the bracket I had on the Wing to mount my GPS.
My speeding days are over, I know that beast has some power It's funny looking at the speedo, when it's going 70 the needle is in the same place as the Wing doing about 30

·
Registered
741 Posts
Nice bike. I hear its what the California Highway Patrol will be buying for their next mc's to replace the BMW's, which had so many reliability issues. Please, we are all dying for a comparison with the beloved Wing. I like it!

·
Banned
3,192 Posts
envy

What a great looking bike. I am sure you will have a blast on it.

I tried an 02 for a while. I loved the bike. I can have only so many bikes and that sport tourer had always caught my eye. I am glad I tried it out. The Goldwing took its place.

I am glad I am trying out the Goldwing.

All these choices of fine machines.... gotta love it.

I hope this current market place doesn't hinder our choices.

·
Registered
219 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
That is a sharp looking ride. Gotta love the color.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Nice ride Joe. I spent a couple hours on a buddy's C14 and he rode my ST. I din't care for the stock seat (and he loved my Corbin) but the roll-on accelleration was just awsome. I liked the finish quality of the ST more, but the Connie is a real champ in the sport touring world. I am like the detdrbuzzard, I got off the ST to save my steering papers from going up in flames, the C14 would be way to tempting for me. I lust for another sport bike for the days when I'm feeling rammy, thinking of a used RC51 come spring long as the war dept will agree.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Didn't even know what a "Connie" was until you started talking about one way back when. I finally got an up close look at one at work yesterday. Our PD was loaned one for demo purposes. The sergeant that brought it by was VERY impressed with the performance.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Update on my C14
O.K. I just have around 1100 miles on it and I'm starting to bond with it. I added handlebar risers, bigger windshield, and an after market seat and all I can say is, IT'S FUN. It's not a Wing by any stretch of the imagination, but it is fun. The stock seat and windshield was a joke, some people love them but coming from a comfortable bike like the wing I hated them. It takes the twisties faster than I want to and really has the power to spare. Of course It's still in the brake in period so I haven't had it over 4000 RPM'S yet. I like the on board computer that tells you your current MPG, average MPG and distance left to travel on the tank, also, tire pressure, and volt meter. The motorized adjustable windshield is a great feature, something Honda has on the ST 1300 and SHOULD put on the Gold Wing. It also has a 6 speed tranny that shifts so quiet it's scary. Easily adjusted front and rear spring load and rebound. The bad, no radio, highway pegs or back rest.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts