Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang, been lurking alot, not much posting, but had to share some new additions to the wing. Been waiting on the new model Scorpion EXO1100, also added painted engine covers and rear fender panel. Need a decent day to get out and get some good pictures. Other recent additions have been the front fender extension, exhaust turndowns, trunk tail light modification, swing arm pivot covers.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Nice.....!!!!

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
Engine covers look great. Paint them yourself ? If so, what brand/color paint, prep, etc. The tail end looks much cleaner and color harmonized. Whacker: You don't have to apologize for not being regular here. A few of us are changed with that duty to keep the board up and running so you have a place to come to and share your wares.

·
Super Moderator
28,446 Posts
Great looking lid Whacker. As the Maestro says no apologys necessary come & go as you need to, we'll be here when you feel the need.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Nice job Whacker! Those Scorpion lids are getting real popular, bunch of us pitched in and got one for one of my Irish forum mates' b'day. He really likes it; hope you have great rides with yours, and you never have to use it as it's intended!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, but didn't say I wasn't here....I'm always on the forum, just not posting alot. I'm more subdued until something really gets my attention. I can only dream of getting to the 4k or more post like some of our other esteemed members. ;)

·
Super Moderator
7,667 Posts
Now that was a good move to paint the black panel on the back of the bike to match and to make the engine covers silver. That's the way it should look when it leaves the factory.

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
Thanks guys, but didn't say I wasn't here....I'm always on the forum, just not posting alot. I'm more subdued until something really gets my attention. I can only dream of getting to the 4k or more post like some of our other esteemed members. ;)
You must be referring to fossil92, budoka and detdrbuzzard. Our steamed triumvirate.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sure I am, sorry I overlooked you Maestro:rolleyes: To answer your earlier question, no I did not paint myself, like I eleuded to in another post the factory match paint costs are scary expensive!:eek: It was easier to purchase. Over the summer I stopped in at Niehaus Cycle and saw for the first time some painted bikes, had an AHA moment but was beaten to the punch by several 12 owners. Niehaus had the painted engine covers on hand, had to "order", if you will, the color matched rear. Someone at my local shop commented now that he has seen painted, how out of place the black is. I'm still undecided about the side panel and saddlebag though, the shapes throw things off, may just stay black, they kinda flow from the seat. Time will tell.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Em, chop, steamed takes all the flavour out of any lofty tribunal. In future please use broiled or grilled if you please. Lest ye invoke our wrath...
"Wee cowering timerous beastie, thou need not run away so hasty wi' bickering brattle, we may be lathe to run and chase thee... with murderous paddle "

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
Sure I am, sorry I overlooked you Maestro:rolleyes: To answer your earlier question, no I did not paint myself, like I eleuded to in another post the factory match paint costs are scary expensive!:eek: It was easier to purchase. Over the summer I stopped in at Niehaus Cycle and saw for the first time some painted bikes, had an AHA moment but was beaten to the punch by several 12 owners. Niehaus had the painted engine covers on hand, had to "order", if you will, the color matched rear. Someone at my local shop commented now that he has seen painted, how out of place the black is. I'm still undecided about the side panel and saddlebag though, the shapes throw things off, may just stay black, they kinda flow from the seat. Time will tell.
Damn. I was hoping you were going to say a can Krylon paint No. *** Hey! Where are your original black covers ?

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
so by next summer we will have your opinion ( a new therad ) of the new helmet right? nice changes you made to the wing. they had a blue '12 at town and country cycle on my last visit and i didn't care much for the body parts honda didn't care to paint but i don't see why they don't have an option or model with those parts painted

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oh where to start...Budoka:confused: I don't know what to say!

Chopin, the original black panels went back into the panel pool for someone else to utilize.

detdr, have already gotten a few miles under the new lid. Compared to the EXO1000 the fit seems a little rounder, though they claim the helmet is more narrow, however being new everything is of course a little tight. The chin bar seems a little shorter, I can jut my chin out and touch it. Venting is almost identical to the 1000, and it uses the same parts (visor and speedsheild) as the 1000. Specs say it is lighter and it feels that way, seems to be quieter behind the bike windshield also. The big problem at this point is "I" can't get my headset into the helmet, the 1000 had removable EPS, this one does not. However, the bikes sound system is so good that I haven't listened to the stereo on the headset anyway, the downside is intercom........or is it??;)

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
The trail to your 4k goal starts with your next post. Oh by the way, nice looking bike. I like the cover color. Blends in really nice with the frame.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oops...think I missed that hint about the helmet:eek:

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
"Wee cowering timerous beastie, thou need not run away so hasty wi' bickering brattle, we may be lathe to run and chase thee... with murderous paddle "
“His locked, lettered, red brass collar, Shewed him the gentleman and scholar.”

1 - 18 of 18 Posts