Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on the fence about trading my 2010 Honda St1300 for a 2008 GW, well you only live once so I bought a 2012 Goldwing. my first impressions is WOW. What a well designed well built bike.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
Nice ride glad your happy. Be Safe & Enjoy

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
Congratulations! Cake and Deer Park water for everyone. I have yet to meet a 2012 in person or pass one on the road. I have never been more comfortable on or with a bike as I am on a Goldwing.

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Congrats on your 2012 Wing. We are beginning to see more of them on the forum. Reports should be coming in soon on them. Ride safe and enjoy...

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Drool, another colour we can't have up here! 1-800-HONDA are you listening?:rolleyes: Gorgeous bike, congrats!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Congrats on your new Goldwing! We went for the 2008, but we looked, closely, several times, at the 2012s.......just couldn't quite swing the extra cost. Anyway, have FUN & stay safe.

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts
2008 is a great bike (they all are! :D) Congrats on the new ride and like Larry says you got the fastest color!!!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Congrats on the new wing, and welcome to the forum from the heartland

·
Registered
223 Posts
FANTASTIC......nice color......so tell us how the Wing compares to 1300 if it is possible>
Congrats:D

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
FANTASTIC......nice color......so tell us how the Wing compares to 1300 if it is possible>
Congrats:D
Well I don't have much seat time but So far except for the obvious the GW handles very much like the St I think the St might have been a little more top heavy compared to the wing. The wing feels like a much smaller bike than it is I cannot believe how nimble this wing is I cannot tell you about speed and power yet as I am breaking it in still.
I guess the only way I can compare the St to the wing is by saying everything I loved about the St I still have with the GW but things I didn't like about the St are a non issue with the wing.
for example Balance shaft noise on the St the wing is quiet, the big thing that will cause me to not to miss the St is leaning over the bars
and the back pressure put on you with the windshield up. my hands would go numb after 20 minutes of riding where the wing so far
my hands feel like they do when I am driving my Civic nice and comfortable. also the heat from the engine on the St during the summertime makes riding the St unbearable. I am very protected from the elements on the wing but I get enough air to feel cool.
I could go on and on but now that I have my Wing I wont be missing my St1300.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Congratulations from the "Molten State"; Texas.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just thought I'd join the chorus and congratulate you on your new Wing. For me there is nothing quite as exciting in life as getting a new motorcycle--it's the closest thing to Christmas a guy my age gets anymore. :p

I've got about 9,000 miles on my 2010 now and that bike continues to impress me every time I take it out--I just can't find any fault with it so far. I hope your Wing gives you as much ownership satisfaction as mine does. ;)

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
one problem with the Wing so far!!! I cannot seem to get this stupid grin of my face:D:D:D:D:D: I think its permanent

·
Registered
77 Posts
one problem with the Wing so far!!! I cannot seem to get this stupid grin of my face:D:D:D:D: I think its permanent
I know exactly what you mean. If you think it's bad now just wait until you're out on an extended trip and all those great features combine to make it the real long-distance touring monster it is. For me it just keeps getting better. :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good move

Sorry to hear that you had to part with the ST, which is a fabulous bike. My 2009 (have had it for one year) has almost 9,000 miles on it and I love it. I am adding a 2012 Wing to the stable this week, and can't wait!! :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Your bike appears to be scratching and clawing at the garage door. Must want to go out for a ride. I agree with the othe Canadian commentor. Nice color that we cannot get in Canada yet.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts