Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any noticeable differences between the two?
Got my $ in the works, just doing my final shopping (my real $, not the $ promised me from Nigeria).
Any comments regarding what the price difference between the two should be, I haven't crunched all my numbers yet to compare the deals, the bikes are at two different dealers.

Thanks,

·
Registered
44 Posts
Which one to Purchase

I don't know how much difference there is between prices of the two...certainly should be a big factor, I would think. As far as any differences, a friend of mine (who does his homework) held out for the 2010 because he said that the speedometer error has been corrected on this model. Good luck with your decision. Has the wife weighed in on color? I know in our household, that is often a factor!

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Add to that the currant ? GPS and the ((( XM ))) radio. Other than that I don't know. I have an '08 because " she " liked the Artic Pearl White .

·
Registered
174 Posts
I did some comparisons when I bought my white 08 Wing in September of 09. From what I was able to determine, the 10 Wings has a tire pressure monitoring device, XM radio and a different format for the GPS. (The new format reportedly supports map upgrades the older format does not). Mechanically the bikes are the same. I went for the 08 because I wanted the Pearl White
Good luck

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
I did some comparisons when I bought my white 08 Wing in September of 09. From what I was able to determine, the 10 Wings has a tire pressure monitoring device, XM radio and a different format for the GPS. (The new format reportedly supports map upgrades the older format does not). Mechanically the bikes are the same. I went for the 08 because I wanted the Pearl White
Good luck
TPMS, of course! I knew something was missing. When all is said and done calbigbird, it's all about the color.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, color is a factor. Have found several yellow, and black but not as many red more than one dealer has told me greater demand for red which is what me and the mrs. decided on which are harder to find. Will probably go with the 2010 due to some of the newer features. Thanks for the input. A couple of the things mentioned I recall now reading about but had forgotten.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Yep, color is a factor. Have found several yellow, and black but not as many red more than one dealer has told me greater demand for red which is what me and the mrs. decided on which are harder to find. Will probably go with the 2010 due to some of the newer features. Thanks for the input. A couple of the things mentioned I recall now reading about but had forgotten.
Color is a bit of a personal jab/joke here.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The differences are XM radio, tire pressure monitoring, color, GPS software (GL1800 guy has a software upgrade for much cheaper than Garmin), and price. I just rec'd my GPS software upgrade from him, but have not installed it yet, maybe today. My other issues are about resolved, I should be able to send you a PM today about the other precautions, but if you're going with the 2010, it may not matter anyway.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Currently the rebates on the '08 models went bye-bye up here. Not sure about offers in the States though, you can check Honda.com for current deals and incentives. There are plenty of '10s out there and you can bet mother Honda is going to want to move them out so early spring may be a better time to shop, depending on the colour you want. Do your homework/groundwork and you'll do fine.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi i just got a 2010 3 weeks ago did not know about any GPD update. Were did you get it i was told mine was up to date. But know one at my dealer knows much about anything.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts