Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at selling my VTX 1800 and buying a Goldwing. My question is should it be a new 2009 or a new 2010? I am looking at the base modle and both are around 18K with about $300 difference in the price. Any input the you have will be appreciated

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome to the site Sedrick. Not much difference in the '09 to '10's up here, so it depends on the deal/colour and yourself. Should be a bit more gap pricewise on the '09 I think though.

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
The 2009 and 2010 are identical bikes. The only difference is the available colors. There may have been some "tweeking" of the NAV unit, but if you are buying the base model that does not affect your decision. Unless you are worried about "trade value" of an 09 vs 10, then I would say go for the 09, unless the color you want is only available on the 10.

Get the Honda extended warranty and you will be a happy camper for the next 7 years. Ride safe and good luck on your decision. And post pics when you get it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
When I bought my 05 4 year ago I was getting frustrated for the lack of used GW close by. I called a gentlemen who informed me he had just sold the bike this morning sorry. I told him I was just going to buy a new one from the dealer. Oh no he said if you want a deal just keep looking. There are so many men out there who bought one because the guy down the street has one. But when they realize it isn't there cup of tea or it is a little to much for them to ride,, so they only make trips to the ice cream store. Mostly they just dress it up with chrome and stuff and after a few seasons in the garage they realize they should let it go to someone who could really use it. I got a 2005 with 22K miles, a trailer hitch, fog lights, chrome kick stand, two helmets w/intercoms and full cover. The guy didn't want to let it go but he really didn't want a profit either just what is was worth. I will replace my 05 with a newer one in 4 or 5 years and do the same thing. I tell people these bikes are like boat either the ower uses them all the time or the first season then it sits and makes them eventually sad. Now I will also travel by plane is neccessay and ride it home as part of the adventure.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I would think to buy a used one with some extras would be a better deal than buying new. Most will likely spend a good amount later anyhow to fix it to their liking. Having the extended warranty is also a big plus.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
For 300 bucks I'd buy the 2010.....It will always be worth 300 more when you decide to get rid of it..................OT

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have made a deal and will be getting the 2010 modle. I do appreciate everyones input. I did look at a used but wanted the heated grips and seat and then once you looked at the special finance and $1000 in accessories, the payments were lower on the new model.

·
Registered
9,627 Posts
GOOD for you, I just picked up an 06 in titanium with extras from the past owner and abs and heat, I went looking for a new one and the 3 dealers around here have yellow and also yellow just not my cup of tea. I saw this one and I could not pass it up. good luck and come on our new bikes and that weather we could use.

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
Congrats on your new Wing. Ride safe and have fun on the best made touring bike..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts