Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am now the proud owner of a 83 Honda Goldwing Aspencade. It was handed down to me by my father who just bought a new bike.This will be my first bike.

There are a lot of problems (most electrical issues) with this bike, so its going to go under some reconstruction.

I was curious on how easy it might be to "barebone" this bike. By that i mean, strip it down and remove the saddles, fairing, exc. and just use it as a "standard" version. For a starter bike, its huge, but that doesnt bother me too much.
I just don't really like the aesthetics of it right now, and wanted to see if we could aim for a more 1975 version. I know this may require things like a tank replacement, seat replacement exc. What i dont know, is how easy this process will be?

Cheers

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new 2 U Wing. There are several people on this forum that are very experienced with the vintage Wings and I expect they will be offering suggestions shortly.

·
Super Moderator
11,938 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

·
Administrator
25,936 Posts
Biggest issue is the removal of the fairing and bags and replacing the lighting with "naked" stuff. If I racall, ther signals and brake/tail lights aren't much of an issue, nothing much was integrated then. But it is and Aspencade and I can't recall if there was a digital dash on the '83, Don't think so but...
Good luck and welcome

·
Super Moderator
9,845 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from NE Pa. Enjoy the forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts