Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone I am new of course. I got a GL1100 that is a 83 and the dude freaking made it into a chopper. I am trying to find out what the heck is causing this oil leak though. its not coming from the head gaskets but seems to be coming from the carb area (higher in the engine). I looked around and found a hose that went from the engine lower to the upper that was cracked so I replaced it. If this doesnt work what else could it be? I know my way around an engine so I am comfy with taking it apart even though I really dont want to. Oh and its blue smoke and I know its oil cause when i park I can see it drip from the area that the hose was.

Thanks in advance and just an fyi I upgraded from a BAJA BV250 2007 to this monster and I am so freaking happy.

·
Administrator
29,020 Posts
We have some 1100 guys here who will chime in for your issue I'm sure.

Welcome to the GWOF..

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
hello dondons, welcme to GWOF. post a pic or two of your chopped wing

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Yeah, welcome along. I'd like to see a picture of that puppy too. Dunno about the oil leak/hose thing...crankcase breather?

·
Premium Member
7,982 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF!

As you know, first step is to clean the engine so that you can see the exact spot oil is weeping out of. Check oil level and quality. What do spark plugs look like? You know the drill....

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum, from a fellow Washingtonian. :)

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Welcome to the forum from PA.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.