Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am having a problem starting my 1997 goldwing somtimes when i turn on the key i don't get the neutral light and cant start the bike somtimes i have the neutral light and the bike will start ok . i belive it is related to the reverse lever because if i wiggle it a little i get the light . right now it wont start and i have no light has any one had this problem and how to we fix it ?

·
Super Moderator
28,446 Posts
frankie, 1st welcome to the GWOF. We have a good bunch here & when you can get them to concentrate lots of good info. Now for your question the day I went to test ride my 95 the same thing happened to me. The guy who was selling me the bike & I poked & proded at her and the cables for the reverse lever. After lifting the handle & moving things several times it finally cleared up. Ever since that time I made a conscious effort to be sure to snap the reverse lever back into place & not be so ginger with it. Never had another issue. Long & short is I'm sure it would be an adjustment you need to make. My advice would be to get yourself a manual & track it down. I'm sorry to not have the exact fix however that is what I did.

Good Luck & enjoy the site.

·
Banned
3,204 Posts

I have a 94 Interstate with no reverse. Mine won't start unless the side stand is up and I am in neutral. It has always been that way.

Welcome from Seattle!

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
The reverselevers have a bit of a tendency to be stubborn, fossil is right, be firm with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts