·
Super Moderator
28,515 Posts
You are an inspiration Eric.

·
Premium Member
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Fossil in this situation you have to have a plan and from a couple of angles to cause enough heat that it becomes easier to fix the road than it is to put up with the heat about the road. So we have acheived the first part and that was to make it a local issue and get it in the local paper and local TV. Now is the hard part and that is to get it to the state paper and or state TV. And that will put pressure on the local authorities. If we can't get them interest at this stage we will organize a protest ride and try and get a local politician to address us. That will get it back in the media. This will take a long time to achieve. My brother and I are in for the long haul. We have also started legal action on the hwy department. Eric

·
Premium Member
23,812 Posts
" Every reform was once a private opinion,
and when it shall be a private opinion again, it will solve the
problem of the age. " ~

·
Super Moderator
14,577 Posts
Good on ya, keep up the pressure.

·
Super Moderator
15,123 Posts
hows frosty

·
Premium Member
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
hows frosty
Frosty is in good spirits. In a rushed visit I went down to see him on Thursday on the wing. He is still swollen on the right side of his body but he is looking great. Eric

·
Super Moderator
28,515 Posts
Thanks for the Update, Eric.

·
Premium Member
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
I just spoke to Frosty on the phone and you just got to love a guy that has guts. Already he looking for his next bike even before he could atempt to ride. As soon as he thinks he can ride he's going to have the bike there waiting.
It has efected his eldest son the most. He has parked the bike and it hasn't been out since. I don't want to put the mockers on him but I don't think he will get back on for a long time. Eric

·
Super Moderator
28,515 Posts
I just spoke to Frosty on the phone and you just got to love a guy that has guts. Already he looking for his next bike even before he could atempt to ride. As soon as he thinks he can ride he's going to have the bike there waiting.
It has efected his eldest son the most. He has parked the bike and it hasn't been out since. I don't want to put the mockers on him but I don't think he will get back on for a long time. Eric
Eric, maybe when Dad gets back on that will spur him on a bit. That is a tough thing I'm sure for the young man to have witnessed. Has anyone tried to talk about it with him?

·
Premium Member
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Eric, maybe when Dad gets back on that will spur him on a bit. That is a tough thing I'm sure for the young man to have witnessed. Has anyone tried to talk about it with him?
He gets quite teary when the subject come up in the family. I think outside the house he copes. But I don't know if that is a good thing either. I am going down there again this weekend. Eric

·
Super Moderator
28,515 Posts
Just an Ole Fossil's opinion but I think I would try to get him to talk about things, maybe just you & him. Might help him, just a thought.

·
Premium Member
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
I am taking the family down for the weekend. So I will be talking to him. Time is probally the best healer. Eric

·
Premium Member
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Big news for Frosty. It was his first ride today. It was only a small ride of 40 miles, but he is back. The shoulder was giving him a bit of curry. He was riding his son's 600 rr Honda, which is probally not the best bike to ride because it would put a fair bit of weight on the arms and shoulders.
His eldest lad has not been back on the bike since the accident. So Frosty took his bike to give it a run. He is not surpose to be riding yet but he said it was so much fun.
Eric

·
Premium Member
7,557 Posts
Great news Eric that Frosty got back in the saddle. What a confidence builder. Kudos to Frosty.

·
Super Moderator
28,515 Posts
Great to hear Eric. Hope he continues the healing process.

·
Super Moderator
15,123 Posts
congrats frosty, i knew you could and would ride again

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Way to go Frosty. Glad to hear your riding again. Don't worry about the rest of the family, they will get back in the saddle when they are ready. Ride safe down there folks.....

·
Premium Member
17,042 Posts
Good deal on Frosty, good to hear he's given it ago again.
Just concerned if the Doctor doesn't want him back in the saddle, would hate to seem undo what has healed so far. Just be very careful

·
Administrator
25,900 Posts
Wow Eric, he got off the walker, and straight onto the tightrope! A 600rr isn't kid's stuff (although too many youngsters think so). Glad the experience was so positive for him. That's a huge leap forward for him, keep him at it.

·
Super Moderator
11,951 Posts
Great news! But he does need to be careful as to not do any harm to his injuries.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts