Honda Goldwing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
Prayers and thoughts go out to Frosty and your family Eric.

·
Premium Member
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Why, oh why, is the ride home always fast and furious?
This time I left it as late as I could because I wanted to hear the Dr's report. There was no planing on my part and had no map and no GPS. Vanessa asked what time will I be home and I took a stab in the dark and said 6:30. I thought it was a 6 hour ride. Don't ask why I thought it was a 6 hour ride. So I thought I had a whole hour to stop and take photos on the way. The first 120 miles I was taking photos and arrived at Penola and having lunch when I was doing my in the head calculations. The penny dropped and I thought dam I have to ride hard. This was not going to look good as the President of the CAT club. I really don't enjoy being push for time and I like to be within 15 minutes of my ETA. If I don't plan my rides I tend to underestimate the time it takes and end up being pushing for time. This time I was 30 minutes late.

·
Administrator
25,900 Posts
Glad you got home safe Eric. I've found myself in those time crunches before. Used to drive me nuts, and then I just started saying to heck with it and get there when I get there.;)

·
Registered
733 Posts
Eric, wishing a speedy recovery for Frosty. There are many hidden dangers for us motorcyclists as a trade off for the freedom a motorcycle provides. Its never good news to hear of a fellow biker going down, but we have to take it as a reminder that it can happen to any of us. Take care and be safe out there.

·
Premium Member
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Frosty Slapper is doing well. He has been flat out all week and hasn't being out of bed. They can't operate because it is too close to his nerves. The meds have keeped him comfortable. I still think he will bounce back, but it will take awhile. I will try to get down and see him in a couple of weeks. Eric

·
Administrator
25,900 Posts
Give him our best Eric!:D

·
Premium Member
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Frost has walked a few steps. He is badly bruised all over and quite sorry for himself. But he's on the road back and I would like to do that ride again with him making it down and back. Eric

·
Super Moderator
28,515 Posts
Tell Frost to keep up the good work and that we're pulling for him & a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
At least he's up and walking, still in prayers.

·
Premium Member
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Thankyou guys for thinking of Frosty. When I get back from my next job I will try and get to see him. It's a bit better than talking on the phone. Eric

·
Premium Member
7,557 Posts
I was relieved to hear Eric that Frosty was wearing all his protective gear. Imagine the greater consequences without. I follow religiously the maxim ATGATT, even in 100+ Texas heat. Really happy for his recovery.

·
Super Moderator
14,577 Posts
That is great to hear. Pass on that we are all pulling for a full recovery.

·
Administrator
25,900 Posts
ATGATT..."because walking away in disgust is better than being carried away in pain." I shudder to think where Frosty would be if he hadn't been wearing. Fair play to him for being on the mend.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Glad he's on the mend. Keep encourageing him..

·
Super Moderator
28,515 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Thank Fossil with that ad. I just don't get why some people chose not to even attempt to protect themself. If you are riding around town you don't need the same protection as on the open road. But you need more than T shirts and shorts and sandals. When it is real hot I wear kevlar jeans with my riding jacket, gloves, boots, helmet. I hope the kevlar is as good as they say. They would have to be better than just jean but I don't know if they are as good as my riding pants.
Now thanks to Frosty doing a real test on his riding gear, this is how his gear held up to a 60 mph test.
His helmet held together well and was the first point of contact.
The jacket looked a mess but did a good job of protecting him. Not a mark on him.
He was wearing short gloves. They did a good job up until the last 10 feet where 1 glove came off. And that is where he damaged 1 of his hands.
The riding pants held up well. There was not a lot of damage to them and none to Frosty.
Riding boots had a bit of damage to the toes of the boots.
So thanks to his in the field test. Make sure that the gloves are fastened properly. In this test I think Dragging Jeans would have done the job, and his riding pants did.
Take a look at his test on his helmet. Eric

Attachments

21 - 40 of 81 Posts