Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually there are two nearby he is looking at, one is naked with spokes that has not run in a couple years per the seller with low mileage, the other with bags etc and approx 37k is a runner and has been maintained.

My personal expertise is with vintage GS Suzukis but I have a truck so..................we were going to look at them today.

Both bikes appear very clean from the photos. My neighbor does his own servicing and some light mechanical. I believe the runner has had the belt changed, the non runner would need a new belt.

Thoughts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Thanks for any opinions.

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
First of all, welcome.

The runner would be better, as the one sitting will have fuel system issues.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
I'd be all over that nekkid one like ugly on an ape! Welcome to the site.

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses, my neighbor spoke with the seller of the naked bike this AM and he said the tank has rust in it. Since it has been sitting for at least two years he was going to pass on it. Hard to say how bunged up the fuel system is but he was going to look at the other one this afternoon.

·
Super Moderator
15,160 Posts
Thanks for the responses, my neighbor spoke with the seller of the naked bike this AM and he said the tank has rust in it. Since it has been sitting for at least two years he was going to pass on it. Hard to say how bunged up the fuel system is but he was going to look at the other one this afternoon.
seeing that wings didn't come from the factory dressed back in '77 then that wing more than likely has a vetter kit which is easy to remove if your neighbor wants a nekked wing. he'll need a head light bucket and head light, the fork ears to hold the headlight bucket and the front and rear turn signals

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
I sold my 1977 GL1000 to a local friend that probably hasn't put 200 miles on it since I sold it to him in 2005. He may be interested in selling it. It was in very good condition when I sold it with only 33,000 original miles on it.

This it wat it looked like when I sold it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.