Honda Goldwing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well that rodent saw his shadow so more winter ahead. Just wanted to say how nice everyone on this forum is . I am in another advice type forum and the "eagles" of the forum with 100k plus posts are just mean and don't ever give any specific advice just thier 2c worth. :D

·
Super Moderator
28,445 Posts
Well that rodent saw his shadow so more winter ahead.
Robdog I'm actually thinking of hiring Wile E. Coyote or Henry Hawk to put a hit on the no good son of #%*)@ so we can ride quicker next year. Do you want in on it?

Just wanted to say how nice everyone on this forum is . I am in another advice type forum and the "eagles" of the forum with 100k plus posts are just mean and don't ever give any specific advice just thier 2c worth.
I couldn't agree more. I've joined several boards over the years & stop being active on most because of exactly what you said. Here though we all get along well . This is by far the most respectful bunch of people I've encountered. Kuddos to all & Let's keep it that way.

I think I just got a tear in my eye.:D

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
That one isn't going to see his shadow !

·
Super Moderator
14,472 Posts
Going for a ride today around middle Mississippi. It'll be a little refreshingly brisk with the temps in the low 40's. But we have to get one of the guys in our local GWRRA group away from the house. His wife has a surprise birthday party going and we must distract him for the afternoon. It is a tough job but at least they got a couple of the best to take care of it.
Mark

·
Premium Member
23,750 Posts
aaaaa there go's some more kin.....
Any thing with a name like "PHIL " can't be all that bad.

WA9FWT Phil
Phil-osophy: Phil-anthropy :phil-ippines :phil-o : Phil-ander (?) : Phil-harmonic : Phil-odendron. Except for Phil-ander, the rest don't seem too bad.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Groundhog problem solver

Well i'm finally sick of this groundhog thing , yeah the forecast is rain for as far as i can see. So I went to the local gun shop and told them my tale of woe . They said this one would fix any groundhog problem.:D

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well i'm finally sick of this groundhog thing , yeah the forecast is rain for as far as i can see. So I went to the local gun shop and told them my tale of woe . They said this one would fix any groundhog problem.:D

Just how big are the ground hogs in California? I know you have some awfully big liberals but are the 4 legged varmits that big??

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Well I shouldn't go to the gun shop and say "whats the biggest ya got". But you'll have to forgive me im a old navy guy and always thought why use my 45 when a tomahawk missle is available. The old get a bigger hammer theory. But the weather is still real bad especially on the eastern side of the country.I feel for you guys . Hopefully it makes for a nice spring.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well I shouldn't go to the gun shop and say "whats the biggest ya got". But you'll have to forgive me im a old navy guy and always thought why use my 45 when a tomahawk missle is available. The old get a bigger hammer theory. But the weather is still real bad especially on the eastern side of the country.I feel for you guys . Hopefully it makes for a nice spring.
I understand the bigger hammer principle, I flew the AC130 gunships over the Ho Chi Min a few years ago. Now I just use a Sharps 45/70 with 532gr for deer and a Walther PPk/s 380 on ground hogs.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I prefer a Sidewinder Missile when their in flight. If they are still, a sling shot will do.
Let me see if I have the picture right here. Your dog (Ranger ) ran away and you uncovered the bike to go look for him. In the excitement, you for got that you had two foot drifts, so there you are just looking at that bike and wishing !!

WA9FWT Phil

·
Premium Member
23,750 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
45/70 . i've seen a ac130 gunship , awesome weaponry. Had my hands on some big stuff in my day also. Have you dialed in your sharps . had a friend had one and with blackpowder it could shoot about a 3 inch group at 100 yds . I shot with fcsa in ca until the laws changed but did a 4in group at 1000yds once.

·
Registered
18 Posts
At one time I could shoot itty bitty groups but anymore I'm lucky to be able to shoot. I was referred to as dead eye many moons ago but now I'm just shakey if that tells ya anything. The guns are certainly just as accurate today as they were back then but I'm not.

I still love the sport but now I do more coaching and teaching different aspects from building the gun and reloading to target shooting techniques.

Guess that is why I enjoy the two wheelers going down the road and being able to miss enough obstacles that we can reach the light at the end of the tunnel.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts