Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
After 3 weeks or constant rain I finally pulled my head out of the oven and rode. Cold morning about 35 degrees but sunny . Rode about 225 mi. Listened to my new playlist , Listening to talking heads at 75 mph felt good. When's groundhog day and is that thing gonna see his shadow?:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
You are making me jealous, I took a different kind of ride today and trailered another 75 Gw
home! But I would really like to go for a ride!!!! Head

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
Hey Robdog, Groundhog Day is always Feb 2nd & Head would tell you that none of us Pa people pay attention to the rodent all it is is an excuse to party.:D I can't believe that out here in Pennsyltucky that someone hasn't shot the thing yet.:eek:

It won't be long for us Northern guys now we're halfway to riding again.

·
Premium Member
23,749 Posts
53 deg. on the display panel yesterday. Hopped out of the work van and hopped on the bike. Nothing special, but I slept better.

·
Registered
18 Posts
22*F, fresh snow on the ground and my bike is still under the blanket. The ground hog here won't be coming out this year!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ground hogs

About 1967 I was in York PA, My cousin and I were shooting ground hogs. 2 of them were cooked by my aunts neighbor, like you would cook a pot roast. Strange to say that it was very good eating?!
PETA is wanting to get people to leave Punxsutawney Phil alone because they are interrupting his normal hibernation and use an animatronic version???????????
Around here PETA stands for People Eating Tasty Animals!
Head

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Ride sounds good rob

I like a nice cold ride now and then. Wet is harder but it all about the ride.

·
Premium Member
23,749 Posts
45/70fan: What the haaahaaahaaaa ... haaaaaaha ....... There are times when someone from "out of the blue " pops in and warms the cold air...........shiiiiiiiiii! " Semper Fi ! to the caliber carrier. Haaaaah Haaaaaaaa!

·
Registered
18 Posts
45/70fan: What the haaahaaahaaaa ... haaaaaaha ....... There are times when someone from "out of the blue " pops in and warms the cold air...........shiiiiiiiiii! " Semper Fi ! to the caliber carrier. Haaaaah Haaaaaaaa!
Guess I'm not following you chopin114?

·
Premium Member
23,749 Posts
I wasn't leading ".45/70.. " So no need to follow. Blaze your own trail , lead your own route. If sometimes , perchance, a post strikes a member in a peculiar way, pay no mind and continue on......

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
I also got to ride today 34 this morning and my ride home was 66 it was great.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey 45/70 you gonna eat that? Well i remember illinois winters (great lakes naval training center feb 84). And those bikes don't get fired till may . Oh yeah i used to hunt but i'm not sure if my gun is legal in ca as gun laws change daily.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey 45/70 you gonna eat that? Well i remember illinois winters (great lakes naval training center feb 84). And those bikes don't get fired till may . Oh yeah i used to hunt but i'm not sure if my gun is legal in ca as gun laws change daily.:rolleyes:
I hear ya on the gun laws changing, you guys need to change the political arena out there. Nope, didn't eat that sucker, caught him in the garden so I used him for fertilizer to push up the squash liked em so much thats where he will stay.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I rode to Key West yesterday....had a great ride....alone......left @ 4am....went to the Hogs Breath....by Mallory Sq....had a couple beers and headed home.....aprox 500mi...got home around 6:30....just in time to ride to the comedy club and meet Lynne Koplitz and her BF Larry.....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey I have a quick question.....as I ride alone alot....and see a lot of fellow riders...with CB's.....Is there a standard channel every one runs on.....I usually stay on 19....but would like to advise others on road conditions.....and speed traps......

·
Registered
21 Posts
I definitely need a ride. I'm about ready to say "Screw the rain" and just dress warm, put on the rain suit and get in some miles. Maybe if there's no ice on the road this weekend.....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Riding today no way Jose`

Nope, checked the weather on line:
17.6 °F
Overcast
Windchill: 7 °F
Humidity: 26%
Dew Point: -11 °F
Wind: 8.1 mph from the WSW
Wind Gust: 19.7 mph
Pressure: 29.77 in (Steady)
Visibility: 7.0 miles

Went back to bed, I'll come out of hibernation in March maybe April, wondering where that Al G's global warming is taking place, it's definitely not here in Michigan.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I guess im not the only one with the wintertime blues. I would ride today but i bought a vermeer stump grinder about 200 mi from me and need to pick it up. :)

·
Registered
445 Posts
Hey I have a quick question.....as I ride alone alot....and see a lot of fellow riders...with CB's.....Is there a standard channel every one runs on.....I usually stay on 19....but would like to advise others on road conditions.....and speed traps......

Channel 1 is considered the Goldwing Channel and the channel that group rides use to keep the group together and safe. Non-CBer's are put in the middle of the group.

·
Super Moderator
14,473 Posts
That’s why I love living down here in the sweat-belt, we can ride year round. It does get a little refreshingly brisk now and then and if there is going to be rain I stay in the cage so I guess age is catching up to me. The Gold Wing is still new to me and it is a lot more comfortable in the cold. A couple weeks ago it rained for many days straight. The first sunny day I jumped on the Yamaha and went for a 70 mile run. Had to stop 3 times to warm up but it was a good day. The next day, with about the same temps (low 30’s) I took the Wing out and went for a 100 mile loop and only put my feet down 3 times for traffic lights. A really good day.

I’m originally from Michigan and been down here long enough that people no longer ask me “where you frum?” I started out as a Damn Yankee (a Yankee just visits the south and then he gets his rear back north, I stayed and got a job) as it was explained to me by a guy from Georgia whom I worked with, while he was encouraging me to move back north. Then, a number of years later, I graduated to a G__ Damn Yankee by marrying one of their women.

Laughed my rear off this morning about the picture from 45/70. My Dad slew a lot of those critters to keep them out of his garden near Howell. Hoping for an early spring for you up in the great white north, and even the wet west.
Mark

1 - 20 of 41 Posts