Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,149 Posts
Been happy with my stock Yuasa battery so far. 37,000 miles ( 4 years old ) and never use a battery tender. Left the key on and killed it once. Drove around for a 1/2 hr to charge and it still hasn't let me down. Funny, my search on Wingstuff.com for the stock Yuasa battery turns up zilch, nada. At the Motorcycle Superstore it looks like they are running about $125. So my guess is about a $125 battery of your choice.:dunno:

·
Super Moderator
10,053 Posts
I still have the original in my 2009, but when I had to replace the battery in my 98 I went with a Westco gel battery.

·
Premium Member
7,116 Posts
My original battery had to be replaced in 11 months and the replacement is 12 months old and dead. Not happy with the OEM batteries
Geez....Are we sure its the battery??

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hmmmm. I never would have guessed so young. Do you ride " a lot " during the riding season. Do you use a battery tender ?
Seems like it would be something else going on to me also. I realize it is apples to oranges but I have a Silverado that had a battery go bad the first year, replaced under warranty, then the 2nd went bad in a year. I made them look for other problems. I had to replace the 2nd one with another brand besides Delco (Interstate). They reimbursed me since it was on a Sunday and I was 800 miles from home. 4 years later and haven't had a problem with the Interstate.

·
Premium Member
24,149 Posts
Seems like it would be something else going on to me also. I realize it is apples to oranges but I have a Silverado that had a battery go bad the first year, replaced under warranty, then the 2nd went bad in a year. I made them look for other problems. I had to replace the 2nd one with another brand besides Delco (Interstate). They reimbursed me since it was on a Sunday and I was 800 miles from home. 4 years later and haven't had a problem with the Interstate.
I'm with you all in thinking Sum -Ting - Wong. My Wing sits virtually untouched for 1 to 2 months a year with no battery tender and still cranks right up. Sum-Ting-Leaking ?

·
Premium Member
24,149 Posts
Yes I ride a lot and use a battery tender. So I checked the tender and it has quit. I have a security alarm that drained the battery all the way down and now it won't take a charge from a charger.

Lesson learned.
OH! Never seen or heard of an alarm on a Goldwing. I know they come on the high end Harley's stock.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.