Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I joined the Darkside about a year ago. Back then I could not find a dealer to mount my CT on a MC wheel. I mounted it myself and damaged the bead in the process. Well 11K miles later that damage came back to haunt me with a gift of a flat (leaking at the bead). Thank god i have a runflat tire so I was able to ride (60+ miles) and get home.

Anybody know of a shop in Southern California (San Bernardino) area where I can have a new tire professionally mounted.

FYI tire is a kumho 195/55 16 escta RF on a 2003 GL1800..

Darkside #763...

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
First, welcome to the forum from Pa. What year Wing are we talking about? If it's an 1800 just lay in on it's side and take the wheel off and take it to a automotive shop and have them mount it.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Yes, hello to you too. I'd say Two Wheel is about bang on there. Not sure about a 1500.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
welocome to GWOF from Maryland and glad you made it home safe

·
Registered
741 Posts
First, welcome to the forum from Pa. What year Wing are we talking about? If it's an 1800 just lay in on it's side and take the wheel off and take it to a automotive shop and have them mount it.
What he said! I just took mine to a tire shop and they swapped it out in 5 min. Make sure to put some carpet down before you lay her down to keep her happy and unscathed. I can't imagine changing a RF tire with hand tools as the sidewalls are a &%()&^!

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
Layed my bike down, took the wheel to a Goodyear Store with new Kuhmo in hand, they mounted the tire and put in the Dyna-Beads for $11.60

1 - 6 of 6 Posts