Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey All,

Putting my 1500 back together now that it's painted.

pic is a cable bracket under the seat. I can't remember what this is.

Any answers much appreciated.

pic on my profile page album "mystery parts"

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
I don't know, but it looks important..... You might check on one of the OEM parts sites that have detailed diagrams. Good luck. Is there anything not working on you bike... that may be a hint..

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Is your bike an SE. If so it will have adjustable passenger foot rests, That looks like the cable that attaches under the right passenger pocket that releases the passenger floor boards so they can move up and down.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys,
you pegged it.

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
Joe, you are the man..... Great job.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hey Joe,
thanks, should have looked it up myself.
I was trying to keep the wrenches spinning and when I hit a snag, go on to something else. I posted this while grabbing a samwhich and was really lost.

Chopin,

It still has the beating heart of "mangenta" new skin to be shown when complete. I hope this coming week end.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I really admire people that have the drive to complete projects like that. Make their own awsome ride that they were the driving force in it's completion.

Hat's off to you...

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Marc,

Best to save the pat on the back. It ain't together yet and who knows what it will look like when I am done. I found that a book can help tear one apart but doesn't do dittily for you when trying to assemble it. It looked like it had dredlocks with all the cables, wires bulbs etc hanging from the carcass. The book doesn't tell you where to fish all this stuff from or thru. And when you pull something off, you don't that's all back there until it's too late. many times I pulled off a part, set it down and looked back only to say,"hey, where did that come from?

Seriously, I never would have done this in the summer months if I had known the hours it took. I wouldn't stop anyone from doing it, it is a great way to "get to know" a bike. But I have 4 months in the winter when I could have done this at a more leisurely pace. It is 15 years old and I have found cracks in the plastic and stripped bolt threads and broken pieces, etc. So it is going together at a snails pace but I want it to be right. I am going to go back and do some mods this winter that I wanted to do now but they weren't "have-to's" as I am sooooo anxious to get my ride back. (actually, only rode it a week before the teardown but I think we REALLY bonded).

I am trying not too get excited but it is beginning to look a little like a wing again.
I will post pics after it's maiden voyage but I may not come back for a week.

dinner is done, gotta get back to it.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I had a 92 and I put the adjustable floor boards on it from an SE my Aspencade didn't come with them. So I knew what the release lever looked like. I just wanted to be sure thats why I posted the pictuire,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts