Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 75 GL1000, I'm thinking about either Metzler's, Dunlops, or Avons. Am I going to have sizing problems with any of these? My riding is all one up and fairly conservative, no scraping the footpegs.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Welcome Vintwing,at least just for info.,try BikeBandit.com,looks like they can get a bike tire for just about anything. I don't know the sizes you need,but i would think at most you might have to wait a little if they had to be ordered.(referring to your favorite shop)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi ! guy i think you should prefer dun lop tires because mostly car riders has recommendation this tire if you have any size problem so firstly it depend on your car height . So you should go near car garage.

car lease

·
Super Moderator
9,843 Posts
Hi ! guy i think you should prefer dun lop tires because mostly car riders has recommendation this tire if you have any size problem so firstly it depend on your car height . So you should go near car garage.

car lease
:confused:

·
Registered
91 Posts
I don't think English is Finklea's mother tongue.
As mentioned in an earlier post all the tyres you mention are good tyres just make sure you get the correct size and that it has the correct load rating. You should avoid Radial tyres as your rims are really too narrow for them.
I like Avons personally, but have never tried them on a GL1000.

Gary

·
Registered
6 Posts
radial or bias ply?

i have a 1996 gl1500 with dunlop e3's in bias ply . my tires are at the point that i will be replacing them very soon. but i was thinking of going to the radials instead of the bias ply tires but wasnt sure if this would be good on my bike?
has anyone gone to the radials and if so any problems?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi just bought a GL1500SE outfit fitted with bike tyres,also given a wing back wheel with a car tyre fitted,has anyone got or had a outfit fitted with car tyre on a bike wheel, i was thinking of trying it when the back needs replacing, the sidecar wheel has a small car tyre fitted, any comments would be of great help, cheers spocky (uk)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts