Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would I find out the exact specs for the o-ring on my jets for 1976 GL1000 Keihin carburetors…?
I have a local company here in Chico, CA called Valley Rubber and Gasket Co., Inc…
I know that they make o-rings & have all sizes…
So how would I know what to buy w/o taking the carbs out again…? I pulled them out to inspect clean them & found out that 3 of the bowl had stripped screws (& 1 had two stripped screws) & I got a local guy that works on Datsun Z’s & he only charged me $20 to put all four 4mm helicoils in…
So does anyone know where I might get the exact size & dimension for my jets…?
All I know is one is bigger than the other one…

I emailed Randakk but they are out Out of Office Notice: Randakk's is Closed for vacation & will re-open on Tuesday, August 17th.

I called American Honda Motor Co., Inc in Torrance, CA & spoke to a guy in Customer Service Information Motorcycle Division but he said that the specs were proprietary but maybe 2 of the oldest dealers in the US might be able to help…
225-387-5328 Gene Gonzales Honda & 513-662-7759 Western Honda both were no help…
I still know nothing about size, shape, & the material they are made out of…
If anyone has any ideas, please let me know…
TNX, Jim

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
It turns out NOT to be the carbs... I now know 100% for sure what the problem is with my GoldWing... It is my electronic ignition… And I know which coil it is… Looking at it next to the bike it is the one on the left… I bought some component cooler spray from Radio Shack & had it with me but it didn’t do again until just the other day… Maybe because it was 103° here that might have something to do with it… It started to crap out & I pulled the cover off & sprayed it & off it ran… After I ran out of cool spray but now I have been using a wooden handled screwdriver to just tap the coil & off we go… It works but I still need to buy Dynatek DS1-3 for my GL1000... I have Googled & found it many time for $149.95… I can even have the local Honda shop order it for the same price… I did find some on eBay ($122 plus $5.15 S&H) but I’m not sure if I can find a better price somewhere else? Does anyone know?
TNX, Jim
BTW… Here is the eBay seller I found…
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-DYNA-S-DS-1-3-ELECTRONIC-IGNITION-GL-1000-/150490017000?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2309e76ce8#shId

1 - 3 of 3 Posts