Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new GW owner. I bought a used 89 GW and I am getting a gas smell thats strong but no leaks. I also need to replace the front speakers and ign cover trim and would like to know where to get the parts. Thanks, Dain

·
Super Moderator
7,615 Posts
You can get aftermarket J&M speakers from Wingstuff.
Are you missing the round ring that encircles the ignition switch or the entire large panel that removes from the main dash assembly?

·
Premium Member
16,688 Posts
Gas smell. Check make sure the gas cap seals good.. Should hear a slight hiss when you stop for gas and open the cap.
Also check around the hose connections on the fuel filter. Some of the after market filter have a very fine ridge left on the input and output tubing from the manufacturing process. Fixed a couple leaks on other wings after I found why mine was dripping.Where it at it's hard to see.
It can be fixed by using very in sand paper and remove the ridge.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Another thing to check, If sombody has EVER worked on the carbs you will need to check to see if ALL hoses are installed corectly on the air box. Welcome and hope this helps. You will find a lot of bull banter on this site but all of us will try to help onother Wing rider to the best of our abilitys!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.