Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, wife and I went for a ride today with some friends, 250 miles round trip. Bike ran flawlessly. But when I pulled in the driveway after the ride, I shut the bike off, but the sidestand light would not shut off. Also, the gas gauge, and temp gauge would shut off. I finally got the sidestand light to shut off when I went to go for another short ride to my moms house. Right after I took off, I noticed that the temp and fuel gauge were reading 0, in other words cold and empty. Then I noticed that the OD light didnt work. When I went to leave my Moms place, I tried to use reverse, and it didnt work! So, anyone have any ideas what might be wrong? Bike is a 95 SE.

·
Premium Member
16,737 Posts
If it's a 1500 it sounds like relay #3 if going or has gone bad.
The relay box is under the left side panel. It works best to loosen all the left saddle bag bolts and remove the seat. and you can get the cover off relay box. You can swap out the compressor relay for relay 3. You should get your gages back.
The Honda replacement run near $30.00. Might take it to napa and they should a replace that you have brake a plastic tab off to make it fit.

·
Premium Member
7,982 Posts
Dang....Now that's service! Nice, Mr. Robertson!

·
Banned
2,948 Posts
Check your fuses as well. On the left hand side of the bike facing forward. I lost my gas and temp gauge and I believe it was fuse #7. Also, my bike would run with the kickstand down.

Replaced that fuse and it has been 10,000 miles now without a repeat problem.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone! I did check fuses I could get to on the left side, and they were all good. I did not go as far as checking the fuses you are talking about Ron, I could tell that I was going to have to take the saddle bag loose, and possibly the seat, and it was getting late. I got a 90 day warranty with the bike when I bought it, so I am going to stop in there today, and see what they say.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts