Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone I was riding home from work today and got 2 nails in my back tire. Does any of you know of a good brand of tire besides dunlop that will fit my bike. I need a 130 90 17 I would be happy for any help I can get. Thank you very much

·
Registered
402 Posts
Bridgestones and Dunlops seem to be the most popular Goldwing tires from what I've read. Each tire seems to have its loyal followers. I'm about 2K-3k away from a new set and I'm planning to give the Stones a try.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
That must be for an early 80's GW. I ran Dunlops, Bridgestones, Continentals and Pirelli's on my '84. Got the best wear out of the Conny's, but loved he 'feel' of the Pirelli's. Just did a search and found Conti Tours, Metzler Lazer Techs, D404's and an Avon in that size . Prices run from $110 to $145.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I got my new 'Stones today...they go on Friday. I hope it's the right choice. This media has been very helpful making my decision. Thanks
Chrisgl1800

·
Registered
402 Posts
I got my new 'Stones today...they go on Friday. I hope it's the right choice. This media has been very helpful making my decision. Thanks
Chrisgl1800
Be sure to let us all know what you think of them since I'm only a few months away from a purchase myself.

·
Super Moderator
7,673 Posts
I'm running the new E3's on my 1500. Great tires (my opinion). Remember I have a Voyager.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I decided to put a bridgestone spitefire s11 on the back of my bike. I hope to get it on tuesday. I will put it on myself. thanks for the in put and advice.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Tried and like E3's

I also put E3's on my bike this summer - so far, so good after 2k miles. I will have to see if they get the same 16k that the original tires got.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts