Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

I'm in desperate need of the correct owners and shop manuals for my recently purchased 1998 SE.

Also, where can I get information on what oils to use in the engine/trans and rear diff, filters, brake pads, fork oil, lubrication points, etc. So I can get this bike tuned up and serviced before we take it any distance.

Thanks

·
Registered
690 Posts
... HOWDY ... THE HONDA SERVICE MANUALS ARE STILL AVAILABLE FOR YOU'RE MACHINE ... THE PRICES IS AROUND $55. AT THE HONDA SHOPS ... I STAY AWAY FROM OTHER SERVICE MANUALS ie: clymers ... THEY HAVE INCORRECT INFORMATION IN THEM ... AND THE HONDA MANUAL WILL GIVE YOU ALL THE INFO YOU WANT FOR SERVICE AND TUNE UPS ... HAPPY TRAILS ...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What kind of engine oil, final drive, trans, etc.?

I want to change all the fluids on the bike but I can't find any information on what oils and fluids are required.

I'm in need of info for the following:

Engine oil,
Forks,
Final Drive
Transmission

Thanks

·
Registered
690 Posts
... Howdy ... I Use Castrol 10-40 Motorcycle Oil ... Fram Oil Filter ... Honda Fork Oil ... Local Honda Shop Gives Me Free Tune Up Services From A Raffle That I Won ... So I Just Take It To Them Every 4k And They Do It All ... On My 1200 The Engine And Trans Are Common Fluids ... Happy Trails ...

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi try www.goldwingdocs.com.
you can download any goldwing manual for any year and its free,they are the original manuals that dealers use,they are much more comprehensive than haynes and other manuals.
i hope this is of help to you

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
the engine oil lubes the transmission too. it is a unit construction not seperate units like harleys and 10w 40 is the recomended weight. 3.9qts. i use castrol 10w 40 for motorcycles. don't use any oil that is "energy conserving" they are not good for wet clutches. and welcome to GWOF

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did try goldwingdoc.com but I do not see an owners or maint. manual for the 98'?

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
owners manuals are still avaliable from honda, i have a clymers service manual but haynes and honda manuals are avalable too

·
Registered
3 Posts
Authorized service manual

I have just contacted Helm Inc. and ordered a factory authorized service manual for my 1999 GL1500SE. I found the information about where to order it from the back of my Owners Manual. The price was $60.00 plus $6.00 credit card fee.

·
Registered
174 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts